Rainy River Combat Fishing!!!

• wade_berkseth
    Wisconsin

Heading up to the Rainy River this Friday and I heard conditions are perfect! The water is warming up nicely and the big girls are already starting to make their way in!!! The boat just got out of the shop and is all set to tackle the river!!! Has anyone been up there yet and how did you do??????!!!!

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Have fun and post a report when you get back. I’ve gotta wait til the end of next week to go.

empty_stringer
    Wahkon, Mn

Heard fishing has been very good with a bit of a lull last day or so. Both forks are now open and it muddied things up a little, but with the low flow things will settle quickly. We are heading up Sunday for a week. Lots of river to fish this year with the ice moving so quickly. GOOD LUCK!

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I am making a weekend run this weekend. Cannot wait.

blackbay

I’ve heard quite a few big fish are being caught. Lots of guys from out of state. Be careful at the accesses too. The Sheriffs have responded to more than a few calls of combat boat loading. That’s not unusual though.

dr-death
    Phillips, WI

Between the different websites, we haven’t seen any real giants yet & some posts have said that it is still mostly river fish being caught. The lake fish should start showing up soon. The Little Fork has let loose & it was a non event, so it looks like pretty good sailing all the way to close.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.