Wisconsin Assembly Passes Bill Creating Wolf Hunt

• DrewH
    s/w WI.

It is about time! I believe in the circle of life and have hunted all my life. I am tired of seeing moose calves and deer fawns ripped apart. How about the defencless calf and hunting dogs. Bumper sticker w/wolf face”it’s our turn and we are coming!

Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

I believe I read somewhere that Wisconsin has some of the highest non-resident license fees in the country. You’d think that bringing them more in line with other states could potentially help promote tourism and help the state’s economy.

It does not seem to be an issue for fishing licenses however as I regularly see plenty of Illinois plates at the boat landings. I spoke with several up at Wisconsin Dells last weekend.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I think a person would be surprised what some would pay to shoot a wolf.
    As far as the WI. non-resident license being out of line, I have paid a lot more for tags to hunt out west.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I believe in the circle of life and have hunted all my life. I am tired of seeing moose calves and deer fawns ripped apart.

Are you sure you understand the circle of life???

Anywho, happy hunting to all.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

I agree with Bret, go out west and buy an out of state license, then you will see what high price is.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Wonder what the odds of the average hunter actually seeing a wolf to shoot are?

Al

dr-death
    Phillips, WI

Then the liberal Dems started meowing about if we really needed a wolf season. Geez; we are absolutely glutted with predators here in Northern Wisconsin. We really would like a few deer out there to hunt. What do we NEED wolves for? Objectively, I can’t think of one thing. Do I sound frustrated with our DNR? It actually means Do Not Resucitate.

FlambeauVista
    Park Falls, WI

I agree with Dr. Death (without the politics).

I have no problem going out west to hunk elk and pay $500-$700 for a tag and plan to do so as early as next year.

My issue on this is the fact that I can draw a tag here in MN for a fraction of that cost and still see a similar sucess rate (which is very, very low in my opinon). At least when going out West to purchase an Elk or Mule Deer tag your harvest rate would generally be much higher and you’d actually have table fare to bring home in addition to a mount if you are sucessful.

I guess i’m just partial as I hunt alot in WI and not so much here in MN. I personally would love to see a license reciprocity agreement between MN & WI and think it could really benefit both states in regards to tourism dollars.

DrewH
    s/w WI.

Quote:

Quote:

I believe in the circle of life and have hunted all my life. I am tired of seeing moose calves and deer fawns ripped apart.

Are you sure you understand the circle of life???

Anywho, happy hunting to all.

yes I do and in my opinion is being used in the right context. Let us stay on the same size, I enjoy your straight d
    Forward humor.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

yes I do and in my opinion is being used in the right context. Let us stay on the same size, I enjoy your straight d
    Forward humor.

You are mocking me now.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Forward humor.

You are mocking me now.

but it is soooo easy

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Fair enough. It a good thing I don’t normally recognize it. I might be offended.

dr-death
    Phillips, WI

Sorry about that!! Never been one to be very politically correct.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I am always PC.

Palerider77

Quote:

Quote:

I am always PC.

Not me, at home I am a Mac guy.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I am always PC.

I run Windows on my Mac! How you like them Apples!

Not me, at home I am a Mac guy.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.