What exactly are the MN/WI “boundary waters”?

• Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

Not talking about up north’s boundary waters. What is the defined boundary waters that are open all year long? Since ice is about out, I can’t wait till May to catch some fish, getting my stuff ready, and want to fish as soon as I can. Not that I really even keep my fish I catch, it would catch and release, so I won’t hurt the fish population. So…where can I go near the Twin Cities area, specifically Woodbury…? Thanks all!

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

See the MN fishing regs on page 64:

The seasons and regulations listed below apply to the following waters:
    Mississippi River (downstream of Prescott, Wisconsin and all waters
    between the Burlington Northern [Wisconsin] and Chicago Milwaukee
    [Minnesota] railroad tracks), Lake Pepin, St. Croix River, Lake St. Croix,
    St. Louis River, St. Louis Bay, and Superior

Your limits follow below that. All can be found on the MN DNR site.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

From the confluence of the St. Croix River and the Mississippi River in Hastings, south to the Iowa border. From the train tracks following the river in Wisconsin to the train tracks following the river in Minnesota.

Rob2001
    Savage, MN

Quote:

From the confluence of the St. Croix River and the Mississippi River in Hastings, south to the Iowa border. From the train tracks following the river in Wisconsin to the train tracks following the river in Minnesota.

It’s actually the point in Prescott, not Hastings. And don’t attempt to go under the railroad bridge in Prescott if you plan to fish, the Croix is closed also.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

my question is they say “track to track”, why is the western boundary in prescott not the hastings train bridge? that is the mn western RR track.

the regs are very contradicting there on that stretch.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Quote:

Quote:

It’s actually the point in Prescott, not Hastings. And don’t attempt to go under the railroad bridge in Prescott if you plan to fish, the Croix is closed also.

Just read that elsewhere. Thanks for the correction.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Hmmmm, I copied that right out of the 2012 regs. The DNR may want to update that..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.