Messing with Scammers 2

• KirtH
    Lakeville

Hmmm….Is this guy legit been jerking this guys chain about my boat that I have for sale… I sent him an email cash only and he needs to pick it up in person and this was his response….
    Thank you for your quick response, I am located in WA. i am buying this boat for my Dad as a surprise gift, let me know the last asking price very well, due to my occupation as a marine engineer at this moment i am presently working offshore, sometimes access to regular emails and phone calls are very poor in offshore due to inefficiency of the immarsat service, Fortunately the internet access is working averagely when i came across the advert of your boat. I really want the boat to be a surprise by not disclosing the boat until the delivery is made to him, am sure he will be more than happy with the boat, I insisted on paypal because i don’t have access to my bank account online and i don’t have internet banking too, but i can pay from my PayPal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it, i will need you to give me your PayPal full name and email address so i can make the payment of the boat as soon as possible, and please if you don’t have PayPal account yet, it is very easy to set it up at your bank or go onto http://www.paypal.com and get it set up, after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with PayPal so as to put the money through..Notice you don’t need to bother yourself about the shipment, i have a pick-up agent that will come for pick-up, they will also determine and secure the shipment, I will need you to provide me with the following information in order to facilitate the payment.

1.Your PayPal full name.
    2.Your PayPal Email Address.
    3.Your phone number.

Once again, I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping, I will have my mover come over as soon as you have your money in your account.

Kindest Regards.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Totally legit…

KirtH
    Lakeville

Quote:

Totally legit…

Whew thanks for the vote of confidence!!

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

He’s claims to be an Engineer and he uses words like “averagely”? OK….

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

So what’s the deal with Paypal? Isn’t the money yours once he transfers it? I do biz this way for a personal biz, once the money hits my acct in PP I send the product. Hell, let’s give him my PP info and see what happens!

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

i would go for it

really, what could go wrong?

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

I’m all over that legit pitch !!! NOT !!!!!!!!!! Can “U” say SCAM…………

musky_ben
    Red Wing, MN

Quote:

x2 Sorry to burst your bubble but I was selling my boat when I received an email almost completely identical to this one!!! Stay far away from this it sounds like he wants you to set up a paypal accout give him all the info he needs to gain access by claiming he forgot his password and game over cleaned out bank account!!!

katmando
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

Yup it’s a scam. They are probably preying on people selling boats because they figure if you can afford a boat you probably have a good amount of money somewhere for them to steal.

wkw

Duck !!! He asked about setting up your PayPal with your bank info.

Kirt, Just give your boat to me and I will take good care of her.

WKW

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Id give him your social security number just in case he has any problems.

Quote:

Yup it’s a scam. They are probably preying on people selling boats because they figure if you can afford a boat you probably have a good amount of money somewhere for them to steal.

Any smart person would know we have all our money tied up into our boats!!

wkw

Good point! Kirt, Give your boat and your SSN # and I will take good care of them.
    WKW

wkw

Oh ! I,ll send an agent to pick them up, so you don’t have to worry about shipping.
    You available, BK ?
    WKW

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

Quote:

Duck !!! He asked about setting up your PayPal with your bank info.
    Kirt, Just give your boat to me and I will take good care of her.
    WKW

Asking for your PP email and full name is how you do business with PP. I agree this guy is not legit, but he is not asking for anything out of line as far as PP goes. Which leads me back to point one. You want to mess with him, give him what he wants and see what he does, again there is no risk in giving him your PP email and acct name, he can only put money in not take it out. Hell send him a PP invoice and see what he does.

KirtH
    Lakeville

I knew I came to the right spot for credible help all I need is BK to chime in

I like Paypal but um, I may not be the sharpest hook in the tackle box, but sharp enough I guess to smell a catfish

WKW checks in the mail

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Reply to him and say “by the way, the boat leaks and the motor smokes a lot.”

See how interested he is now.

bck
    Big Stone Lake Sd

The way this person is writing/ speaking in the E-mail it seems that English is not his native language,case in point, a quote from the E-mail “let me know the last asking price very well” Also what Engineer who is working offshore doesnt have access to his bank account to pay bills,etc?If it was me I would be nervous about moving foward with this transaction, I wouldnt give him any personal info.Just my 2 cents.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Here is a tid bit people that use PayPal to sell should be a ware of. If your paypal account. When you get a message that says your item has been “paid” that does not means the funds have cleared or verified. It just means the buyer has submitted some form of payment. So do not send the item yet.

Once your account has been “funds verified” by the transaction then you are protected.

Rob2001
    Savage, MN

I’d be interested to know if the Paypal link he gave you sends you directly to Paypal. It could also send you to a “clone” Paypal where they are able to take all your info as you type it in. Just a thought…

KirtH
    Lakeville

Trust me this putz isn’t getting any important data from me.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

.. Did YOU mean SCAMAN.? …rrr

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Send him a note back telling him some guy showed up with CASH and you let it go for $4,000.00

scottie56005

Not related to this exact topic but I thought I would share my scam encounter.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.