Joseph Kony Must Be Stopped

• Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

over the years and i am trying to make a point, that this crap happens over here as well, we need to show the same damn effort to stop it here FIRST!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’m going to go out on a limb and say the toughest first 20 posts on IDO ever. And he is handling it well.

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

and what i wrote was on the fly… I could do a thesis on this subject support my statement and facts. but come on this is a forum and you obv. understand and know what i am saying. reread what my point was

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Quote:

I’m going to go out on a limb and say the toughest first 20 posts on IDO ever. And he is handling it well.

Agreed.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Agreed.

I’m not going to jump on that band wagon to fast. The last post before this thread was back in 2009.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Kudo’s for wanting to help out. I saw the viral thing on the NBC news this morning. This thing has gone from zip to over 26 million views in no time.

I remember back when I was a 20 something and still thought we could change the world. I commend those who try but there are only 2 ways to stop this guy and some little Internet movie and people talking about it won’t do it.

1) Stick a bullet right between his eyes.

2) Get the Federal government to shut off financial aid to ALL of Africa until he is either dead or turned over to a legit government who will deal with him properly.

So, take all your viral buddy’s and bombard the elected officials in this country. It won’t cost a dime and it might get something done. What you are doing now is admirable but won’t change things one little bit.

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Quote:

over the years and i am trying to make a point, that this crap happens over here as well, we need to show the same damn effort to stop it here FIRST!

No argument from me with these statements, we are in agreement here.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Cudoes for taking an interest and taking action. Great start of being a good person for the rest of your life, keep it up. The world and this country is big enough to help all causes across this globe.

If you have time for a day trip to St.Paul tomorrow starting at 10:30 join the rally for the exciting conclusion to Frank Moe’s Sled Dogs to St. Paul trip! The journey is meant to bring the attention of our elected officials in St. Paul to the dangers of sulfide mining pollution. The rally will celebrate Frank’s seven day trip with his Dog Sled team from Grand Marais with the arrival of the team, special guest speakers, and the delivery of thousands of signatures to the Capitol.

Sled Dogs to St. Paul Rally
    When: Thursday, March 8th at 10:30am
    Where: The Minnesota State Capitol Front Lawn
    75 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.

josh a

That was very well said Bret. The amount of money we spend in Africa is absolutely ridiculous when we have so many living in poverty right here in the USA. Africa, unfortunatly, seems like a continent that will never be able to take care of itself and I would never consider spending a dime to help them.

BBKK
    IA

The worst part is that the money you donate goes to the video company to pay for their effort first, then whatever is left over is sent to another group that does aid in africa.

So basically you are giving your money to some Hollywood company to pay for their time to make that video.. and we all know that it is valued at $20,000,000 to them.

I agree with the rest, not just for the poster but for anyone.. if you want to help out a cause- look in your community. There are dozens of opportunities to help the people in your community that will cost you nothing but your spare time.

silv3rjad3
    Rochester, Minnesota

Well, as I lost track of this thread and was doing other things it grew a lot bigger than expected. Thank you to all those who support this and to those who are against it. I hope you all have a great night.

lhprop1
    Eagan

http://visiblechildren.tumblr.com/post/18890947431/we-got-trouble

Quote:

Still, Kony’s a bad guy, and he’s been around a while. Which is why the US has been involved in stopping him for years. U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM) has sent multiple missions to capture or kill Kony over the years. And they’ve failed time and time again, each provoking a ferocious response and increased retaliative slaughter. The issue with taking out a man who uses a child army is that his bodyguards are children. Any effort to capture or kill him will almost certainly result in many children’s deaths, an impact that needs to be minimized as much as possible. Each attempt brings more retaliation. And yet Invisible Children supports military intervention. Kony has been involved in peace talks in the past, which have fallen through. But Invisible Children is now focusing on military intervention.

So the US govt has been trying to take this guy out and has failed every time. Yet some group of random people are going to raise enough money to get the Ugandan army to take him out? The same Ugandan army that is riddled with accusations of rape and looting?

Sorry, but my money is better spent elsewhere.

walleyejoe
    Litchfield, MN

WOW this is almost going as good as a post I put up a few weeks back.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Quote:

http://visiblechildren.tumblr.com/post/18890947431/we-got-trouble

Quote:

Still, Kony’s a bad guy, and he’s been around a while. Which is why the US has been involved in stopping him for years. U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM) has sent multiple missions to capture or kill Kony over the years. And they’ve failed time and time again, each provoking a ferocious response and increased retaliative slaughter. The issue with taking out a man who uses a child army is that his bodyguards are children. Any effort to capture or kill him will almost certainly result in many children’s deaths, an impact that needs to be minimized as much as possible. Each attempt brings more retaliation. And yet Invisible Children supports military intervention. Kony has been involved in peace talks in the past, which have fallen through. But Invisible Children is now focusing on military intervention.

So the US govt has been trying to take this guy out and has failed every time. Yet some group of random people are going to raise enough money to get the Ugandan army to take him out? The same Ugandan army that is riddled with accusations of rape and looting?

Sorry, but my money is better spent elsewhere.

Thats how I see it… There are innocent Syrians being slaughtered daily…We cant save them all…Even the fiscal sanctions hurt the civilians way more than the corrupt leaders…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Since I took the 30 minutes to watch the video it seems like such a small task to help spread the word. Yeah, the video does ask from money, but it’s more about spreading the word.

I can do that. Takes but a few seconds.

Sterling, by reading through this thread and watching how many people were reading this thread though out the day (most of which did not post), I think you can go to sleep to night feeling good about doing your part in making Kony known.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

This is also a really great idea, and thanks for mentioning it. I don’t see why not after this Kony deal is done on the 20th why I can’t carry over our interests to local things as well. Something like this would be a great way to recruit people for that.

Good job man way to take the hi-road with some of the typical clowns responces!

What an amazing deal this is, it took off like gang busters. You and millions of Americans that have taken up the cause should be proud of yourself.

You got to love social media in this instance!

Great job!

the rest of ya…

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

What?!? LOL! I knew something was off with this guy!

danno
    Central MN

Be careful who you’re sending money to. $20 or otherwise…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Dehydration and exhaustion. Hmm, I am going to have to remember that excuse.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Dehydration and exhaustion. Hmm, I am going to have to remember that excuse.

Something tells me you won’t be able to use dehydration as an excuse

Rob2001
    Savage, MN

One of the executives from Invisible Children in 2009 after getting a $1 million grant for Haiti…

Youtube

Viewing 22 posts - 31 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.