Good News for the Wild

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

They are setting themselves up to have a decent chance at the #1 pick if they win the lottery. They keep getting more ping pong balls every game.

I think the team will finish 28th. They might not win again, looking at the schedule. They play mostly teams battling for the final spots in the playoffs.

The bad news. It’s a crappy draft class. Mikael Granlund would be a #1 in this group.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

I thought you were going to say the good news is the season will end for them one day… not soon enough.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I watched the first part of last night’s game and the Wild looked terrible. They know they are over-matched and they play like it. They take stupid penalties, dump the puck, make crappy passes, take lazy shots, and start fights. I know the are building for the future, but I can’t stand watching a team that doesn’t even try.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Sad to say that the trade deadline deal of Schultz pretty much ripped the heart out of the team.

It’s becoming apparent we don’t just need a big time scorer, but also a couple big time defensemen. These young guys, sans Scandella and Spurgeon are going to need some more seasoning. Prosser shouldn”t even be in the AHL, much less the NHL. We need a couple more D to hide some of these young guys with minimal minutes. Even Spurgeon made an uncharacteristic bad play last night.

At the beginning of the year I didn’t care what would happen this year, I was looking to next year and beyond. Then they went out and won games by a goal and got into first, upping my expectations. Then what we expected to happen in the beginning, what was the big concern to start, happened. The defense showed their inexperience.

Now next year looks grim too. Latendresse will most likely be gone. Too bad, because if he stays healthy, he might start tearing it up somewhere else. But you can’t have 2 guys with health concerns like Butch and Lats tying up money. And next year, who knows if Butch even plays at all, much less part of the season.

Fletcher will have some cap space to make some moves, but what FA would want to come here? Free agency is a great way to acquire good players, because you don’t have to give up assets, just pay them. However, even if you offer the most money, they get to choose. It isn’t easy convincing a FA to come to a 28th place team. Good luck Fletch.

That opens the door to prospects. Considering the state of the team, as many as maybe 3 could make the squad, but that isn’t a good thing. Granlund is probably a lock, but he is another set up guy, not a scorer. Then you have guys like Coyle and Zucker, but they aren’t going to compete for rookie scoring titles.

Man, looks like I’ll be delaying my enthusiasm for another year.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Ah…I thought from the title the NHL cancelled the rest of the season and put them out of their own self made misery…

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Nanne was on with Reusse today. He stated some Russian (name sounded Russian anyway ) would be the #1 pick and he would step right in to the Wild if they had the pick.

Then either him or Reusse said Fletcher has already said 6 of the kids will be playing here next year. Ready or not here they come. For all I care they could be here this year. They certainly aren’t going to score less goals.

Management will really be pumping up the attendance numbers from here on out. There won’t be a half filled arena for the rest of the games.

If they want to sell tickets next year, they better figure a way to get Parise here. If he comes, others will follow.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Send ’em to San Antonio already…

mrbluesky

I just cant see Parise coming here. Dont get me wrong, but why would he come here when he could go to any contending team he wanted. If I were a pro hockey player, send me to either florida teams, or either california team! They are playing so bad right now, its a shame. I hate hearing people say “get rid of Yeo.” GOD couldnt get this team to win, it isnt the coach! I truly believe Fletch/Yeo will lead us into a dynasty, within 5 years we will be the Vancouver or St. Louis of the league.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

From what I am hearing there are probably 2 guys that could step in right away next year.

I am guessing Nanne was talking about Nail Yakupov. He’s going to go #1 most likely.

There are 2 other guys. The one I am eyeballing is Filip Forsberg. He might actually need to bulk up some more playing Jrs.

Mikhail Grigorenko probably could step right in as well. He’s already a big dude with skills.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

No more #1 picks playing juniors. If they are worthy of a #1 as high as the Wild pick, then I want a player right away. I want somebody 6’4″ and about 220 lbs. who can score and push people around. Get some big boys through free agency to man the blue line.

No more girlie hockey, get some bruisers and start making teams play against OUR style instead of the Wild trying to match their style.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

No more #1 picks playing juniors. If they are worthy of a #1 as high as the Wild pick, then I want a player right away. I want somebody 6’4″ and about 220 lbs. who can score and push people around. Get some big boys through free agency to man the blue line.

No more girlie hockey, get some bruisers and start making teams play against OUR style instead of the Wild trying to match their style.

So they should have kept Bulmer? I bet in retrospect, they do.

2011-12 Kelowna Rockets WHL 48Games 32G 25A 57PTS 89PIM +11

Not that junior numbers translate to the NHL much, but good numbers for a guy who is more of a 2 way player than a scorer/playmaker. I keep forgetting about him, but he is a lock to make the roster next year. He’s also Yeo’s bo bo. He just loves the kid. I like him too. I believe he challenged someone to a fight in his 9 games. That’s pretty ballsy. And he did have 3 assists in 9 games while only averaging 11 minutes a game.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.