I met

• redneck
    Rosemount

I met a fisherman yesterday. We sat around and drank coffee and exchanged stories. He told me about his bass fishing exploits in Florida. We talked about fishing the rivers of northern Illinois for walleye and the southern part of the state for bass. We talked about our tournament moments and swapped stories of growing up fishing. We talked about Pool 4 and everything it has to offer. It was a great conversation and I feel like I am on my way to making a new friend. The guy is Steve, the new manager of Evert’s Resort. I am proud to say that Evert’s is once again run by a fisherman for fishermen. The coffee is on and I shot the bull with several of the old crowd there yesterday. Steve is a heck of a nice guy and he is working to bring Evert’s back to what it was in years past. The plastics wall is rapidly filling back up and they already have the new Pulse-R paddletails in stock. Heck, it was like home when I walked in and BK’s smiling face greeted me from behind the counter. The only thing is they are going to have to go scrounge some more chairs because the place once again has that home away from home feel and the coffee is good. I am not sure if Steve knows what he has gotten into but he has a smile on his face and a firm handshake so he is alright with me. Oh yeah, he and his wife and their little one live at the resort so the resort is once again family friendly. At the moment Joe—Steve’s uncle is helping out and you could not ask to meet a nicer guy. I am not sponsored or backed by the resort in any way but just a happy customer who wants so share the good news with my friends here. Maybe I can get on the offical Evert’s coffee drinking team Please everyone—stop by and introduce yourself and let’s show Steve how many IDO friends he has. Heck, I even heard a rumor they are trying to get Redneckcracker in stock

wally1992
    Evansville MN

I am planning a trip down there this spring,just so when i read the millions of posts about Everts I will be able to relate.

smitty1
    Duluth/Hermantown/Owatonna MN

I’m in! Hopefully we will be there on Wednesday.

carver
    West Metro

Make me want to go there just to drink coffee and eat pizza. Who cares about fishing….

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Joe, Steve and family are the HUGE BREATH OF FRESH AIR we all needed so DESPERATELY.! . Life is once again going to be AWESOME at EVERTS.!!! Ps. There is a rumor going around that rrr is going to be a HILL person again. …rrr

riverdan

Yes indeed they are very nice people and really make you feel welcome, nice to hang around the shop again

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

when i was down last weekend and this weekend, i had exactly the same experience.

The vibe was good again, and I got to talk to Steve for a little bit, and from what I could gather from our short conversation, he is sincere and happy to be here, and to learn the river and meet everyone that comes through the door. and do it with a smile and a handshake!

I never was a “regular” down there, but i was down enough to know how things used to be, and it appears to be heading back in that direction.

walleye16
    SE, MN

Put in at Everts on Friday. Glad to see things running smooth again.

cupspits

Here’s another story about Steve just to prove hes as hardcore as most of us. One time me and some of are friends went to genoa pool 9 instead of the resort because Steve was unavailable then Saturday night he called me and said he wanted to come up. I told the bite was ok not great well he showed up. He was sitting in parking lot when I woke up so he drove 4 hours there to fish one day then drove 4 hours back same day so do you think he likes to fish. Trust me Steve’s a great guy

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Cupspits: When you heading this way.? …rrr

mstrumar

I for one can not say how happy our family is to hear of the positive changes going on at Evert’s. Last summer was ok BUT lonely as all of the old crew (except for BK and his FW of course) was gone. The girls are very excited for warm weather so they can see their Evert’s friends again this year.

Looking forward to meeting you and the family Steve!!

cupspits

Will be there Friday either morning or night depending on work

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I’m lovin’ everything I’m hearing. I can’t wait to make a trip there this year

jerry b
    western WI

Okay, okay, ’nuff of this Mr. Nice guy stuff. What’s the bottom line here? What kind of pastries is it gonna cost me to walk thru the door?- -jerr

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Rumor has it that Steve has a liking for Apple Sturudal and Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies.

He’s been wanting to pop in here, but with plumbing, painting, the list go on and on….but I know he’s very appricitative of all the wonderful comments as is Kari and Joe.

jerry b
    western WI

I see you’re up to your old tricks again. What is this time, sore back, lumbego, thrombosis of the blowhole that keeps you from jumping in and helping out the new boss?
    I discovered the cookie factory @ River Falls a while back. Maybe when I’m in the neighborhood I’ll pick up some oatmeal raisin and cinnamon apple for you guys.

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

I too had the pleasure of visiting with Steve on Friday and Sat. What a nice guy and a pleasure to visit with. He had a smile on his face everytime I saw him around the resort.It looks and sounds like he and his family are very happy to be there.I wish them the very best with being successful. Looking forward to my next visit to Everts.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Rumor has it that Steve has a liking for Apple Sturudal and Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Really BK?
    You just crack me up

Looking forward to getting up there…( Steve! )

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I met Steve and his family today. He has some pretty big shoes to fill with the likes of Steve Vick and Dean…but Steve is well on his way to starting his own Evert’s dynasty! Great guy and great family! I am looking forward to picnic table parties and bonfires!

redneck
    Rosemount

I think I missed the bonfires more than anything else last year. We will know Evert’s is back when we land in the evening and you hear laughter and good natured ribbing coming from around the fire. A close second is when you walk into the baitshop and there are familar faces all around. I have a feeling it is going to be a very good year!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.