Need Help finding Camping for the summer

• haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

My family is looking for a place were 6 sites are needed. We have various needs, FISHING, (bass and pike) is my priority but also swimming rec boating ect. We have many youngsters 1-7 years of age. Not looking to rough it to much. Campers and tents. Love the Brainerd area but having little luck. Any specific suggestions or general areas would be nice. MN or WI. Within about a 3 hour radius of the Twin Cities.
    Thanks

Rick22

You said that you like the Brainerd area, but were having trouble finding a spot. Check out Aitkin County, next door to Brainerd. Nice spots on Farm Island and Big Sandy and some of the smaller lakes. Great for kids and good fishing also. Good Luck

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Father Hennepin State Park is really nice. You could try getting the group camp. We get a group camp every August. Plenty of room for tents and campers. Or you could get single sites. Heres the link:

Click on the Father Hennepin link

Minn State Parks

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Crosslake state park is awesome, it’s also super, super busy, but hard to beat, fishing is great, water is clean and clear, and there is a nice beach right there. I can give you a tip on a killer northern lure too

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

Might want to check out Holcombe Wisconsin. It is about 2 1/2 hours from the cities and is very nice. Fishing for musky, walleye, and panfish abound. Lake Holcombe is large yet easy to fish with smaller boats. Do a google search and find all you need. Good luck!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I’ll put in a good word for Ottertail County. NW of the cities about 3 hours or so on I94. See http://www.ottertailcountry.com for info and if you decide to go that way drop me a note.

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

MN-RST-RIDER,
    We had planned on Cross Lake and yesterday went to find any openings well, when trying for so many sites, forget it Waited to long…Many old camp places have now gone to permanents or sold out. Cannot blame them but kinda sucks for us still wanting the old pull camper week.
    Thanks for the suggestions so far and any more would be welcome!
    Have been looking at the Hayward area as well any suggestions on lakes or campgrounds?

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

Around Hayword I’d suggest looking at Nelson Lake or Spider Lake. I have fished Spider. Good population of walleye and musky. G’Luck!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Vermilion is just over 3 hours. I am sure Moccasin Point could get you in.

Don Hanson

Derek is right on, I have stayed at the Father Hennpin park. Great people and we have always had a good time. there is a boat landing at the park also. I think there is also a swimming beach.

Lake Osakis is another good bet, Check with Gabe and Jackie at the Early inn resort.

http://www.earlyinn.com

chappy
    Hastings, MN

There’s a place in Glenwood Mn. called Woodlawn resort and campground on lake Minnewaska. Huge Sunfish,walleye’s,bass and Northerns. Randy and Judy Crumb run the resort. Decent place. If you want a number or directions ,PM ME.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.