Issue with LX-7

• kvang
    MN

Not sure why but my Lx-7 is not powering up anymore…

Was testing it last night… When I hit the power buttom, it would light up for a sec then goes black screen and keep jumping back and forth until I dced the power terminal.

Anyone had this happening?

skeeter437

Hold in the power button for about 3-5 seconds until you see
    The lx7 logo.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

No, can’t say I’ve seen that or heard of it. Have you tried the soft reset procedure? Take the 7 out of the softpack. Disconnect the positive lead. Make sure the negative is connected. Hold down the power button then connect the positive lead while continuing to hold down the power button until the until powers up. Might be a fix. The only other thing I would check is the condition of the battery. Does it have a charge? Can you swap in a different battery from another unit to see if the battery is the issue? If not, give the guys at MarCum a ring.

kvang
    MN

Try the reset James mentioned above, working now. Tested it about 1/2 a dozen times (power on… Power off…)

I’ll test it again later,but seem like that did the trick.

I did call the guys at Marcum, didn’t get much trouble shooting tips as the guy just told me to bring it in…

To James
    Saved me a 20 min drive.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Try the reset James mentioned above, working now. Tested it about 1/2 a dozen times (power on… Power off…)

I’ll test it again later,but seem like that did the trick.

I did call the guys at Marcum, didn’t get much trouble shooting tips as the guy just told me to bring it in…

To James

Saved me a 20 min drive.

Happy to help.

smokinbobo
    Monticello / Guthrie, MN

I have seen similar issues wiith a badly discharged battery that were solved by swapping out the battery – just sharing so somebody else might be able to take advantage of my experience.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.