First Tank of Boat Gas – Spring?

• eyeshaveit
    Prescott, WI

I was just curious if you guys recommend mixing in some new gas with the old gas w/Stabil in it when taking boat out for first time after storing it for the winter? Thanks for your responses.

EyesHaveIt

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

I generally do not put anything in before storage. I store it with less than a quarter tank.

I mix a full tank of fresh gas in for my first run. I’ll idle the boat at dockside for 10 minutes or so to get the old stuff out of the line.

yoda840
    Western North Carolina

Took my boat out Saturday for the first time in 2 months – hadn’t been due to a back problem, not the “cold” – us southern folks don’t see much ice …. the last trip before that, I’d put sea foam in the (almost full) tank ….. it fired right up with the first turn of the switch – ran fine all day … hope to go again tomorrow, still on the same tank of fuel ….. I’ve offically switched from stabil to sea foam.
    barry

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Seafoam or Stabill in the gas here, but I never really put her in Storage for more than 3 to 6 weeks or so…But the 27 gal tank is always half full and I never have a problem..

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

3/4 tank, always Stabil, never any problems

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I stored mine with half tank stabalized. I filled it before first outing this week.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I don’t have one of those “fancy” boats, I have a removable 6 and a 3 gallon tank, I run my boat in winter with stabile in the 3 gal tank, and come spring, I dump that gas into my truck and fill them both back up with fresh gas (and seafoam on the first tank). Otherwise everythign else I’ve read says keep a gas tank full if you are storing things for a longer period of time, something to do with condesation in the gas tank, which I can’t explain (I’ve only been told), which sucks because that’s a lot of stabile gas to burn though…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.