Oak Lake in Burnett county Wisconsin

• gunny
    Minnesota

I am wondering if anyone here has ever fished Oak lake in Burnett county Wisconsin. If so when did you fish it and how did you do? My wife’s parents just bought a cabin on the lake and would like to hear others experiences good or bad.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

If it is the Oak Lake by A and H, I have some friends with a cabin on that lake. I know it has tons of pan fish and northerns. I would assume it has bass too. I don’t believe it has walleyes or muskies. Back in December, I saw a picture of my buddies dad caught a 38 inch pike through the ice on Oak Lake. I have not personally fished the lake though.

jr93

My family used to stay there 3 to 4 times a summer when there was a resort there. Great bass fishing,nice sized northerns, lots of sunfish off the docks but there is bigger one that will take a 3/8oz spinnerbait,and crappies if you can find them. If you like bullhead fishing theres lots of them and none stop action after dark.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’ve always heard that lake has no public access. I have been driving by it for years and always think it must be special because of that fact.

John Kaus

It’s good to hear there is something in the lake. I have been out there a couple times now and only caught a couple hammer handles.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Make sure you swing by A&H for groceries and bait then
    THE SHOP for a fun bar experience.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I’ll second the recommendation for the Shop. Very good reasonably priced food and great happy hours.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

I’ll second the recommendation for the Shop. Very good reasonably priced food and great happy hours.

Now if only we could sled there!

superiorfishing
    Hastings,MN

been years since able to fish it–we used to launch off A there –then they put cable across it!!– used to catch bass and some panfish–course what lake dont have panfish–but bass was good–now I now how I can get access to lake again!! lol just kidding

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Quote:

why cant you? that change? there used to be tons of sleds there and at the sand bar when it was still open.

my father in law helps out at the shop at times. and I frequent it often in the summer. . usually there after dark and fishing turns off.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

why cant you? that change? there used to be tons of sleds there and at the sand bar when it was still open.

my father in law helps out at the shop at times. and I frequent it often in the summer. . usually there after dark and fishing turns off.

Need snow.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

ok,. thought they banned something over there. you never know now a days . lol

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Nothing gets banned around there. They still issue to-go cups….

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Nothing gets banned around there. They still issue to-go cups….

issue? i always bring my red solo cup.

sorry stupid reference I know.

but yes I know that in that area. if you get stopped without a to-go cup the officer gives you one.

ozzyky
    On water

Quote:

THE SHOP for a fun bar experience

I love there prime rib on Saturday nights!!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Quote:

THE SHOP for a fun bar experience

I love there prime rib on Saturday nights!!

McKenzies Landing use to be known for that. We still stop in there for a drink once in a while but the atmosphere is not the same as the old place that burned down. I’m sure the food is still very good but inside its dullsville and they have a microscopic bar. Dont get me wrong. Nice place, great location and I will be back.

Since we’re discussing this area has anyone been to West Point? We recently discovered this iconic place and the food has been great. The ribs on Sat night were special and the breakfast we had two weeks ago was very good.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Westpoint is another cool establishment.

We’ve ice fished in front of there and stopped afterwards. I think it was last winter that Buckslayer got a dead battery while we were fishing and we had to ask someone from Westpoint to give us a jump. We paid them back for their good deed by buying a couple rounds. Good people.

ozzyky
    On water

West Point

I was there back in my other life… don’t remember much…..Apparently I had a great time….so I was told.

John Kaus

Where is West Point located? I haven’t been there yet. But yes the prime rib at the shop is awesome.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

West Point is located on the main point on the west side of Big McKenzie Lake.

WestPoint

John Kaus

I went out ice fishing this weekend at Oak lake. I bought 6 shiners and a peperoni pizza just in case I got skunked. Caught 7 bass and a northern (snake). Had to recycle 2 of my minnows, LOL.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.