Computer help with home page

• Tom S
    Woodbury MN

Hello

My computer now has a new home page called homepage.com. I do not want this as my homepage but cant seem to get rid of it. I go into internet options and change it back to yahoo.com but each time explorer it restarted this homepage.com comes back. Any ideas on how to get rid of this. Thanks.

jwellsy

Run Spybot and Adaware, they are free downloads that clean up stuff like that. Just use google to find the downloads.

Tom S
    Woodbury MN

Thanks for the suggestions. Tried Spybot and Ad ware first. These did clean up my computer but did’nt solve the problem.

I then found Webroot Spy Sweeper and this did the trick Webroot took a bit longer to run but it really cleaned up the file the others missed.

Kids on the computer

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey tom,

go to internet Explorer, right click, then go to properties and then you can change your home page, then do your run of the adware and spybot. if that don’t help, you will have to look under your registry to find out where the loop is that makes it automatically your home page. try that and let me know how that works for you.

thanks

shane

tpntp

Shane,

Don’t suggest registry changes to someone who can’t change a homepage!

It could lead to real trouble…….

Tom, try googling the program, ” Hijackthis” ,and run the other suggestions before you mess with your registry.

Otherwise, make sure you back up your registry prior to making any changes.

Good Luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.