John Gilespie on the River

• Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I read everyone’s reports about the Mississippi, but I still haven’t made it down there. Today I watched Gilespie down on the river. They were catching walleyes and sauger left and right. That was not the only thing they caught. They tied into some nice northerns, a sucker, and a big carp. I don’t read about the other species too often in the reports, but I would imagine each day provides plenty of multi species fishing. They ended the show fishing in the dark with ringworms. I was watching close, and the ringworms only caught nice walleyes…hmmm…those things must be magical. Keep the reports coming and maybe one day I’ll gather up the confidence to come down and give it a try.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Thats funny !! Ted Peck and I tied up to their boat for a while and they asked what would be a good bait to use for walleyes now and into the evening and I told them Ringworms…BFT’s Ringworms non the less….I handed him a handfull of assorted colors and said give these a try…Looks like the Electric Blue with the Pearl Tail worked mighty nice !!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.