New Video Series: In-Depth Outdoors “On Ice”

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

In-Depth Outdoors “On Ice”

Over the last few months In-Depth Outdoors has received a lot of feedback on the TV show that airs on Fox Sports North @ 8AM on Sunday. Some offered suggestions on filming locations or topics. But overwhelmingly what was shared with us was a request for “MORE.” As in more videos, more locations… more often.

In James Holst’s words… “they’re not making any more Sundays and we need to find a way to share all the footage that the TV cameras miss.”

A grand plan was hatched and a new video series was born call “In-Depth Outdoors On Ice.”

The concept is simple. Give all members of the In-Depth Outdoors Ice Pro Staff Team full-blown camera gear and editing equipment and cut them loose to film the day-to-day details that could never be captured by a production style camera crew.

Chris Granrud, Grant Sorensen, Cal Svihel, Joel Nelson, Bret Clark, Tom Donaldson, Dave Koonce and Luke Haugland are out “On Ice” doing what they do best and recording it for sharing here on IDO.

What will we see? Honestly, we’re not sure. It’s safe to say there will be conditions updates, big fish, bloopers, more REALLY big fish, tips and an honest and RAW look at what goes through the heads and hearts of this great group of anglers when they’re in hot pursuit of their favorite species.

So stay tuned… the first “On Ice” videos from In-Depth Outdoors will be posted soon!

kruger
    Metro,mn

This is gonna be fun to watch !

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Sounds like you should start archiving a blooper reel for everyone to enjoy at the end of the season.

FDR

arklite881south

You’ll have to cut us a little slack boys. My first shot had me foregoing pressing RECORD…. OH POWER AND RECORD!! Nice fish and nice footage…..Geez seems so simple right? I truly believe anglers will enjoy our “On Ice” series. These will be short clips and vary in nature from fishing to assembling a portable house. Again I for one have been nearly absent as of late trying to get up to speed on filming, editing and uploading for this production. You can tell a fishing guide, but you can’t tell him much!!

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

Sweet, I am pumped! This show is done so well, and I am happy to be getting more shows!

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

This will be fun to watch……..

Great idea Guys

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

I’m ready to sit back and enjoy. This should be fun all around.

In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

On Ice #0001 – Mille Lacs Lake, Walleyes… and Bear the Ice dog.

And after this… Granrud takes a walk and ices a 22# pike.

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

Awesome!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

“Good Dog!”

Rock ON ON ICE!!

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Merry Christmas to you too guys!

What a GREAT idea!!!

In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

Filmed on Rainy Lake, Mn – December 21, 2011. Chris Granrud, RainyDaze Guide Service @ http://www.rainydazeoutdoors.com/, grows tired of the slow improvements in ice conditions that have hindered ATV travel and decides to take a long walk to one of his favorite spots. A HUGE pike is his reward!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Now that’ll make a guy giggle early in the morning! LOL!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Chris, you need to stop holding it in, because I am a little worried about you. Its ok to show some emotion.

I have to say the “On Ice” stuff is even better than the IDO Fishing show. I like the footage to be a little more raw. Not saying that I don’t like IDO Fishing, I DVR the show religiously too.

hank-s.
    Pardeeville, WI 53954

I agree, Chris you may need a little more coffee in the morning to get you going. You’re just a little to calm…..It is always as much fun to watch you with a fish as it is to see the great fish that you catch. These are going to ge be great shorts (to borrow a film vernacular) too . The #0001 from James was great as well. The end with the dog made it even more real. Go for it guys these are super. Merry Christmas to All.

arklite881south

Quote:

Chris, you need to stop holding it in, because I am a little worried about you. Its ok to show some emotion.

I have to say the “On Ice” stuff is even better than the IDO Fishing show. I like the footage to be a little more raw. Not saying that I don’t like IDO Fishing, I DVR the show religiously too.

LOL!! FULL THROTTLE FISHING BABY!! Wonder if there would be a market for a Fishing Energy Drink.

arklite881south

Quote:

I agree, Chris you may need a little more coffee in the morning to get you going. You’re just a little to calm…..It is always as much fun to watch you with a fish as it is to see the great fish that you catch. These are going to ge be great shorts (to borrow a film vernacular) too . The #0001 from James was great as well. The end with the dog made it even more real. Go for it guys these are super. Merry Christmas to All.

YES AGREED!! The sad thing was that footage was mid-afternoon after the coffee buzz wore off. Scary huh. Now you might see what my wife and daughter get to deal with.

FishinPaul
    Eau Claire, WI

I like when the dog shows up.All he needed to do was pee on the tip up and I would have sworn it was my brothers! Keep these coming!!! Paul

a-and-t
    By Rochester,MN

Quote:

Quote:

YES AGREED!! The sad thing was that footage was mid-afternoon after the coffee buzz wore off. Scary huh. Now you might see what my wife and daughter get to deal with.

What about the 2am role call on the ” search and deatroy team” because you are ready to get hole bustin I know Tucker is a little worried that Ice swirlies might have to become film footage
    Nice job on catching that pike. THat can be a little hairy by yourself. Wait that can be tricky even with help around

arklite881south

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What about the 2am role call on the ” search and deatroy team” because you are ready to get hole bustin I know Tucker is a little worried that Ice swirlies might have to become film footage
    Nice job on catching that pike. THat can be a little hairy by yourself. Wait that can be tricky even with help around

LOL!! I don’t imagine guys know about the 2AM role call for the S&D team!! YOU SAID you wanted to try early……OK BOYS EVERYBODY UP!!

BTW….Found some nice Walleyes bud!! Only fished them for a couple hours, but pulled 7. Just need to try keep you bait away from the giant PIKE!!

Oh and ON ICE Swirlies are definately filming material!! Just hope it isn’t me….Tuck is getting big.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Quote:

Quote:

LOL!! FULL THROTTLE FISHING BABY!! Wonder if there would be a market for a Fishing Energy Drink.

Name of the new ice fishing energy drink…..CRACKED….have a picture of you sitting on a bucket with some cracks in the ice leading away from you…..

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

I like when the dog shows up.All he needed to do was pee on the tip up and I would have sworn it was my brothers! Keep these coming!!! Paul

He thought about it when he came back around the second time…..I was ready to swat him. His breed was a gauntlet glove retriever; brought back my gloves wherever I last left them on ice.

I think I speak for James and the rest of the IDO Ice pro-staff when I say that the best part of these, is getting to see each other on film. Granrud, that pike short was AWESOME!!! The rush of emotion after all that stress and tension with a big fish and light tackle…..you can’t fake it.

As for bloopers, I’m no Bill Dance, but I’m pretty sure I could fill a few segments with just my own.

Joel

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Chris, you looked like one of the kids I had in my boat last summer. You could tell he was fighting the urge to jump up and down/scream. The guy caught his PB LM bass at 5#. I started laughing and told him it was ok to be excited…he dang near jumped out of the boat while he was having an Mike Iaconelli moment Nice Pike!

crossneyes
    central MN

good stuff can’t wait for more!

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

Great start for the first two can’t wait to se more!

mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

Love, love, love-em Are you going to ad these to the video form?? Or just start a new form just for them?? Maybe get IDOers to ad some clips of there own.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Booooo Chistmas break. I keep popping in hoping to see another webisode.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.