Lure Info

• bassmaster
    SE, MN

Has anyone tryed Lucky Craft Pointers yet. From what I’ve read they clame to be some super fish catching lure. Not that they are the first to clame that, but I have read that they are band from some tournements. I found them on line at Cabelas. They sell for $15 each. OUCH….. Just looking to see if anyone has been brave enough to throw down that kind of money for one lure. If so was it worth is?

riverfan
    MN

Bassmaster,

They are a great lure and this is the time of year when suspending jerkbaits are at the best. It’s a cost-benefit question. With the toothy critters we have in our waters I have to think twice about tying one on. There are lots of other lures in that class such as a Husky Jerk or Suspending Rattling Rouge that are a 1/3rd the cost and work very well. You’ll have to fish one and make up your own mind.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

One thought I have on these buggers is that if a $15.00 crank is required for me to catch bigger and better fish, I’ll chase muskies full time!

I’ve looked at their lures and then looked for something else. I can’t justify it. 3 lures plus tax = 1 year Gold Guardian Subscription to http://www.indepthangling.com. I can learn FAR more in tips and techniques here, for the same supportive dollar, than the “magic” any crank might “blindly” produce for me.

Sorry to speak rather strongly. To each his own. But the common weekend angler isn’t looking to spend $15.00 on a single lure and neither am I.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.