Table Rock Lake Branson MO

• Steve Plantz
    SE MN

My family and I are leaving on Sat for Branson MO for spring break, I will be fishing Table Rock Lake, anyone fish there before? I have heard that there are big walleyes on that lake and the locals do not fish them, it is a bass lake. What are good presentations this time of year for bass? Is trolling legal there? Any other tips or suggestions would be appreciated

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Steve,
    My wife and I have fished the lake twice. Both times we stayed at Big Cedar Lodge owned by Bass Pro Shops. The water in late March is still a little chilly for a real consistant bass bite unless you know what you’re doing. The lake is very clear and quite deep. Most shorelines drop off very fast since it’s a reservoir. We had our best luck looking for arms and marinas on the north (south facing) shorelines. We caught quite a few nice crappies with a few bass mixed in.
    Good luck and have fun!

SpinnerDave
    S.E. Iowa

Hey Steve, Good Luck! Try Rouges and Yammotto spider grubs in brown with green or red fleck.I would try to find a creek arm with good water and get to know it real well. You can spend a week looking around at all the water and not get much fishing done.If you get up to the head waters , the King and the James arms can be hot this time of year. Good Fishin.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.