LAKE SAGANAGA

• JOE74
    MINNESOTA

IM HEADING UP TO SAG AGAIN THIS SUMMER, TO TRAILS END AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD ANY GOOD SPOTS FOR FISHING THEY WANTED TO SHARE . IM HOPEING TO GET SOME SMALLIES. WELL ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT …. THANKS JOE

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

THEPAD:

We used to paddle through Sag to get back to Otter Track Lake, which is just before Knife on the border. We used to fish floating raps along the shoreline and tear them up. I gotta believe that you could try the same and have some success as well. We used to take our trip early in August. Hope that helps. Oh by the way the fish in this pic used to look a lot like the fish we would catch without the ice!!!

Mark

StaleMackrel

We had great fishing for samllies just below Sag Falls from shore! We stopped for a lunch and I happen to have a face mask, fins, and a snorkle along. I went swimming and found smallies stacked up in the shade of the big boulders under the water on the left side bank as you look at the falls area from below the falls. The next day the two kids and myself stayed down from the fish area, landed the boat, and fished the smallies from shore with night crawlers! It was a blast and the kids had the biggest fish of 4 lbs. 7 ounces of which we entered in the St.Paul Pioneer Press Contest. This was back in the 70’s. Give it a try.

JOE74
    MINNESOTA

thank you, i will i know where the falls are i will try it out …. thanks again joe

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.