WISCONSIN FISHING LISCENSE

• Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Don’t forget to pick up your 2004 WI Fishing liscense’s. Now $17.00

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

If you do a lot of hunting and fishing it might be worth your while to check out Wisconsin’s patron’s license. I have found it to be a very good deal since I have moved here.

Gator Hunter

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I agree..The conservation patron is an excellent buy….and it you dont’ want the full features of that…The Sportsman gives you fishing/gun deer/and small game for @50 bucks…another good buy.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

Don’t forget to pick up your 2004 WI Fishing liscense’s. Now $17.00

Yeah I wish, I got almost $50 into my WI license. Seems a “tad” steep

suprchef
    edgerton, wisconsin the county of rock

Why is there a $3.00 increase in fishing license this year??? Has the DNR given any reason for the largest increase in years?

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Why is there a $3.00 increase in fishing license this year??? Has the DNR given any reason for the largest increase in years?

Chronic Wasting Disease is expensive to fight.

Gator Hunter

jumpndaboat
    Barneveld, WI

Has the patron’s license always been $140? I thought it was around $115 or $120 last year. hmmmmmm

Thanks, JumpNDaBoat

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I think everything has gone up a touch this year

TBeirl514
    Covington Indiana

Last year our fishing liscense doubled to fourteen dollars in the great state of Indiana.At CLINTON LAKE in Illinois they shut down all the fish cleaning stations because of the lack of funds.

suprchef
    edgerton, wisconsin the county of rock

That never occured to me! Thanks Gator.

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

Try MN. More expensive than WI!

As cheap as I am it is still the best deal in town!
    Whole year of fishing for less than it costs to fill my gas tank on the truck…Don’t get me started on gas prices

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

$17 is a good deal, in my opinion. If it jumped to $40 I would still be one of the first in line to be happy to pay the fee. I can’t go out to eat or have a night on the town just one time for that price. If I were to divide all the hours I spend on the water fishing in a year by the price I pay for a license, it is dang cheap. Me personally, I don’t really care how or where the DNR spends it, just let me enjoy myself. I am surprised that the derr hunting license did not jump in price like what was proposed.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

You can go out for one night and easily spend more than 17.00 so when you figure all the many many days of fishing you can do for a 17.00 license fee I have to say its the best deal around.
    Thanks, Bill

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

It’s all part of money management. If you simply put an envelope out that says “Fishing License”, if WI resident is all you need, simply stuff $1.31 into it each month and it’s covered. Or $0.66 2x/mo.. Or $0.33 each week. Shoot, on the weekly level, I get more than that in my cup holder each week! If you need more than one license, figure it out and budget it in. Then when it’s due, you never have to feel like you’re dumping a few more dollars again……………it’s just covered!

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

As long as my fishing license cost is cheaper than the price to fill my truck and boat it is a geat deal. I buy a res MN, nonres WI, and nonres Arkansas every year. The license is by far the cheapest part of fishing anyways.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Don’t get me wrong, the license fee’s don’t really bother me, I guess I expect the state’s to make sure they get more than enough money from the out state people (assuming the state people pay some with taxes too), as long as the resident licenses are much cheaper, great. Even still when I go spend $50 on tackle and bait done think I don’t go too. A day on the water always costs money, and I apperciate the quality of fishing, in both MN and WI, now I could only catch a decent fish

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Hey, when you figure out the “decent fish” thing, I’ll buy your next year’s license if you’ll teach me how!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.