I posted this before, ( re: Eerie Bike Ride )

• crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Very interesting and spooky to look at. I think that place serves as a good reminder to everyone what the world would be like after a nuclear holocaust.

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

Simply amazing. I hope she’s a teacher or something along those lines. Anyone who didn’t take the time to read what was in there, should.

tpntp

I agree, m. The information ,”between the lines”, and the many untold stories make this one of my favorite web-finds ever.

Bar none.

Some powerful stuff here.

“When the town siren went off on Sunday morning, mass panic ensued. With the police evacuting along with everyone else, banks and even jewelry stores went relatively unnoticed, but this shop was emptied out in a matter of an hour. The police began shooting looters in May, when radioactive TV sets began to appear in the pawn shops of Kiev. ”

“Most people had to leave everything, from photos of their grandparents to cars. Their clothes, cash and documents were replaced by the state authorities.

This is incredible, people lived, had homes, country houses, garages, motorcyles, cars, money, friends and relatives, people had their life, each in own niche and then in a matter of hours this world fall in pieces and everything goes to dogs and after few hours trip with some army vehicle one stands under some shower, washing away radiation and then step in a new life, naked with no home, no friends, no money, no past and with very doubtful future. ”

“This is the highest building in town. On the day of disaster, many people gathered on this roof to see the beautiful shining cloud above the Atomic Power Plant. It was the last thing many of them ever saw. “This man never got his paper. The news in it suddenly became unimportant. The calendar shows that Saturday, April 26. was a special day. Judging by things he left at the door, he liked to fish. The Sundays and Year on this calendar were in red ink and has now faded.”

“He probably left for a fishing trip and never came back. I wonder how he felt. It’s like you life has been cut into two pieces. In one is your slippers still under you bed, photos of a first love that are left on the piano…in the other is you yourself, you memories and a fishing rod. ”

Case in point.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

BTW just to let you guys know, I was awestruck by this website, and even more so after I learned it was fake… I just wanted to bump this post after I found out the truth. Which I found on sport-touring.net, it was a pretty interesting topic to say the least, se was on there talking about it, some people let her have it.

tpntp

Yep, just found out it’s fake too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.