Need help with my trolling motor

• Wadsworth

Hey guys, I have a Motorguide XP 6000 on the bow of my Pro Craft, it’s a 67lb thrust, 24 volt system. I was out Saturday, and it all of a sudden quit. I checked the pedal, and couldn’t find a fuse or breaker like Minnkota has, so I took a circuit tester and checked the pedal, there is power going into and out of the switch, so I know that’s not the problem, I took the head apart, and there is power going down into the lower unit, finally, I took the lower unit apart, and there is power going to the electric motor, but it still doesn’t work, so the only thing that makes sense to me is that the electric motor is shot. Anybody had this happen? The trolling motor is a 2001, any idea what it would cost me to fix it if I send it in to Motorguide?

thanks

LEADPLEASE

Hey wads,
    I have a HVT 3000 motorguide and the same thing happened to me. It is only 3 years old?? Wondering if this a problem or not? Not sure what it would cost to send it in. Wish i could be more help! If you send it in for repair could you let me know the cost.(I know there not the same trolling motors but they are about the same age) Thanks, and good luck!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.