Another computer help question

• sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Obviously my son has been visiting sites he should not have. I have run Spybot but have a couple items it says it can’t remove until a restart is done. I do a restart and it doesn’t run again. The problem is a toolbar that opens and I believe is associated with what Spybot identifies as Huntbar. Any ideas on how to remove??

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Yep did that. Went to control panel and remove programs. Spybot detects it but one part doesn’t remove?? The advanced features on the web site you sent are not accessable?? Thanks for trying.

thanisch

Command line is not a problem. Start, run, type cmd, enter.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey sgt.

You may have to go into the registry and manually remove it. it might have a loop back embedded into the registry, so no matter how many times you remove it, it showes up with every restart, or reboot. look at symantec.com, put in the search bar or name that you are looking for, and they will tell you what and where to look to completely remove it from your pc.

shane

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Computers, you gotta love em

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Sgt, you can try another spyware program that is free that I like more than spybot, it is called ad-aware. Go to \\www.download.com and search for it. It should be the fourth one from the top. Ad-aware 6.0 build 181. I find that it is a much better tool than spybot.
    Hope this helps.
    If you have any questions, shoot me a pm.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Downloaded the ad-aware and I think it has worked. Was getting concerned I’d have to get into the reg edit
    Thank you everyone.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.