Name that New Stadium

• jeff_huberty
    Inactive

In light of the possible building of the new Vikings Stadium.
    There will be naming rights, and it will need be called what?

The Place that Donovan Built

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Farmers Insurance Stadium.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

MMP Stadium

The “Minneapolis Money Pit”

By definition:

Something of value, which, for some reason or another, has continued to absorb considerable amount of payments due to its continuing failure to live up to expectation.

kroger3
    blaine mn

They can call it what ever they want as long as its not at the Ardin Hills sight! I would rather not look at a stadium out my bedroom window! Im sure that will really up my already decreasing re-sale value!

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

How about “Corporate Subsidies Stadium”

My favorite quote……”Don’t steal, the government hates competition.”

BBKK
    IA

Blue Cat Stadium, in light of all the blue cats that are in the miss up there.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

“The Meadow”

or

“The field”

or

“The prairie”

Coming out of that craphole of a downtown site,, I think this would be fitting.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

They can call it what ever they want as long as its not at the Ardin Hills sight! I would rather not look at a stadium out my bedroom window! Im sure that will really up my already decreasing re-sale value!

Think how fun that will be for you though! You can have a sign that says.. “Free Parking & Beer to IDO members”

gary d
    cordova,il

TYA- – Thank You Again Stadium

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I’m all for the stadium so I’d go with some PUNs on the fact that it was a munitions factory,………

The Bomb

The Silver Bullet

etc

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Geiger Park

Named after how radio active it will become being built on a munitions plant.

lhprop1
    Eagan

How about “Los Angeles Vikings Stadium”

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

My favorite part about the Ramsey county site is the pACKer fan I banter with the most lives in Ramsey county…

Just thinking about him helping pay for our stadium brings a smile to my face…

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Hmmm…..

5-11 Park?
    Take a Knee Stadium ?
    Love Boat Park ?
    Whizinator Gardens ?

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Now don’t get me wrong, I think if they build a new stadium for the Vikings it will really help the team! Look at the Gophers, they got a new park and, and, well anyway how the the Twins? A beautiful new stadium and, uh, well,uh, yea.

On second thought……..

desperado

If there’s one small glimmering slightly palitable characteristic of this proposal it is that the funding mechanism is a SALES tax proposal limited to one county.

It’s not a property tax so you don’t have to help pay for it just because you live in the county; which I do.

You would help pay for the stadium only if you purchase something in the county; which if this passes, I WON’T do.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

My favorite part about the Ramsey county site is the pACKer fan I banter with the most lives in Ramsey county…

Just thinking about him helping pay for our stadium brings a smile to my face…

OH MAN! I never thought of that!! That’s the BEST!

ps. Rootski, nobody likes you.

WAT
    AUSTIN MN Cass Lake

Fleesing Mn. taxpayer

Brian Hoffies

Quote:

Quote:

Farmers Insurance Stadium

Glad somebody caught that.

Palerider77

“another good reason to move to South Dakota field”

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Awesome! Save .5% on purchases, but pay extra for gas, out of spite!

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I think Washington County should be added as well. They dodged the Twins stadium tax, why should they dodge this one?

Anyone?

Brian Hoffies

Quote:

I think Washington County should be added as well. They dodged the Twins stadium tax, why should they dodge this one?

Anyone?

Just take $700 million out of the general fund. Let the whole state pay for it.

or……………make the I-94 bridge at Hudson and Fargo toll bridges. Make the I-35 at the Iowa border a toll bridge also.

or……………..just let him move to California to the already named “Farmers Insurance Stadium.”

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

The Black Hole

When I inquired to the distribution of the Stadium Tax for miller park, I received the following information (I thought our tax dollars would be public information)

” 6. Can we review the transactons that are compiled into a month’s distribution?

This information is confidential but available. The Department of Revenue provides detail listings upon request. A stadium district staff member who is authorized by their employer can sign a non-disclosure statement with the Department to be allowed access to the detailed information. The detail consists of a listing of all transactions that processed within the distribution period back to the original record that initiated the transaction in our system. For additional information, contact Robert Kennedy at (608) 261-5167 or e-mail him at: [email protected].”

Here is the info on the Football Stadium tax
    “The football stadium tax was created for the purpose of assisting the development of professional football stadium facilities in Wisconsin. There is a 0.5% football stadium tax imposed on the sales price a retailer receives from its retail sales, licenses, leases, or rentals of the property, items, or goods listed in Parts A., B., C., and D. in Question 2, above, or from selling, licensing, performing, or furnishing taxable services, in Brown County, with the following exception. Sales of motor vehicles, boats, recreational vehicles, and aircraft are subject to the football stadium use tax (rather than the football stadium sales tax), if the motor vehicle, boat, recreational vehicle, or aircraft is customarily kept in Brown County.

The football stadium use tax is a 0.5% tax that is imposed on the purchaser for the storage, use, or consumption of property, items, or goods listed in Parts A., B., C., and D. in Question 2, above, or taxable services, in Brown County. The use tax is based on the purchase price of the property, item, good, or service.”

Brian Hoffies

“The football stadium tax was created for the purpose of assisting the development of professional football stadium facilities in Wisconsin.

I see the word “facilities” is plural!

That means Wisconsin already has the funding in place for a Hudson Stadium for the Vikings.

Thanks Randy!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

wouldn’t that be like the [censored] child that gets dumped off at the orphanage? Oh wait, that’s already in MN.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.