Why is fishing better than golf

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Below is my Favorite Nephew in Law.

I was explaining to him that I would have thought more of him if he would have just said “Dishes are womans work”, and my niece beat the tar out of him.

Here’s the story….directly from my ex-favorite nephew in law….his name is Sally.

Quote:

I thought I pulled something with a hyper-extended swing on about the 14th hole. Turns out I tore a tricep! Continued to play 40 more holes over the following two days…my doctor was amazed.
    Doctor said to take it easy and if it starts to hurt, drink more.

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Golf Injury….

Hmmm….

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

Bret Clark had some neat colors like that too when he fell out of/got hung up on the top bunk at the Mille Lacs get together a few years ago. I do like the treatment for pain

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I got a back injury a few years ago caused by casting 4oz weights on a long cat rod and walking up and down rocks on shore. I missed fishing the entire month of July.

big_g
    Isle, MN

You can get a DWI (BWI) Boating… you can get crazy drunk on a golf cart and it just gets funner !!! (plus I have yet to have a beer boat with a hottie flag me down while fishing)

lhprop1
    Eagan

Golf is just something to pass the time while you’re drinking. If you find the right course, you can get away with a lot of stuff.

Hint: At the course in New Richland, you can have cart jumping contests into the bunker on the 5th hole next to the green. It’s out of sight of the club house and they don’t inspect your cart when you return

You can get quite a bit of distance if you hit it just right.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Technically you can get a DUI on a golf course driving a golf cart. Just harder since it is private land (most courses).

big_g
    Isle, MN

well if you are gonna get technical… explain the law to me ???

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

If you’re on a public road, the 5-0 can light you up whether you’re driving a golf cart or a lawnmower. If you’re on private property like a golf course, you’re safe until you leave unless a complaint is filed. Once you leave the private golf course, you’d better legal.

I’m not sure how it works for a municipal golf course though.

Please note that I am NOT a police officer of any recognized legal jurisdiction. Last time I checked, “Bedroom-ville” was not an official municipality.

herb
    6ft under

I always thought golf and fishing were the same in that both kept the riff raff off the streets.
    I guess not.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hmmm many here seem to defend golf.

I need to find my Christmas card list.

lhprop1 is there anything you don’t play in….never mind. I don’t want to know the answer.

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

You can get a DWI (BWI) Boating… you can get crazy drunk on a golf cart and it just gets funner !!! (plus I have yet to have a beer boat with a hottie flag me down while fishing)

But have you had a hottie lift her shirt and bare all while golfing? I have a couple times while fishing.

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

lhprop1 is there anything you don’t play in….

Soccer.

millerman
    Red Wing, MN

You do have to be careful abusing golf carts. A friend of mine and I were kind of famous for our golf cart antics at the company golf outing! One year when we had a shotgun start from the club house we were racing to the hole we had to tee off from and he whipped a sh*tty on the way and we broke the axle off! We did manage to get it most of the way back to the club house and had to leave it! We got another cart and took off. It was quite a sight we heard when the guy from the club house came and got in it to take it back and he went 10′ and the tire fell off!

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

You do have to be careful abusing golf carts. A friend of mine and I were kind of famous for our golf cart antics at the company golf outing! One year when we had a shotgun start from the club house we were racing to the hole we had to tee off from and he whipped a sh*tty on the way and we broke the axle off! We did manage to get it most of the way back to the club house and had to leave it! We got another cart and took off. It was quite a sight we heard when the guy from the club house came and got in it to take it back and he went 10′ and the tire fell off!

That wasn’t your fault. They gave you a faulty golf cart. It happens all the time.

pantherpop
    Kalispell, MT

Quote:

Quote:

If you’re on a public road, the 5-0 can light you up whether you’re driving a golf cart or a lawnmower. If you’re on private property like a golf course, you’re safe until you leave unless a complaint is filed. Once you leave the private golf course, you’d better legal.

I’m not sure how it works for a municipal golf course though.

Please note that I am NOT a police officer of any recognized legal jurisdiction. Last time I checked, “Bedroom-ville” was not an official municipality.

From Rochester news,

Olmsted County man arrested for TUI

Kim David, KROC AM News

September 1, 2011

A rarity in the law enforcement world – a TUI case,or driving a tractor while under the influence. A rural Olmsted County man was arrested last night for operating a farm tractor while intoxicated. Deputies were called to a residence in High Forest Township in the southwest part of the county around 6 p.m. and spotted the 56-year old man pulling his tractor onto his property. He was arrested after tests showed he had a blood/alcohol level of .16. His tractor was also seized because of a prior conviction. A spokesman says the man drove his tractor to his neighbor’s property, apparently because of a dispute over a culvert that is being installed. The man left when the neighbors called 911.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I saw a very similar bruse caused by holding a few years back. Come to think of it it was caused by the cart rolling over on his arm. Broke his ankle too, but he made it the entire weekend before going to the doctor. Jack can make a guy forget all about his pain.

chriswallace
    Andover, MN

A 1000 years ago, if a man was seen beating a barren desolate field with a stick they would have burned him for witchcraft…now its a sport…

Although the one nice thing about golf courses, I get to kill a ton of geese off them…legally too.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I probably should have save “I think”.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Save = Said

dmark

What’s golf? Is that where an attractive woman chases you down the driveway with a stick, that has a metal piece on the end, as you drive your high dollar SUV into an immovable object?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.