Google +

• dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Google’s answer to facebook. I am quite impressed. It is by invite only right now… I got in about 4 days in to the beta. I personally think that, once it catches on, it will give fb a run for its money. the permission settings are much better than fb. You can set up circles of friends and decide which circles can see which posts of yours. Much more user friendly than FB.

Anyway… I got invites to give away. I think right now you have to have a gmail email address to get in. If you are interested in getting in on the beta… either post your gmail here in the thread or send me a PM. I will send invites as I have time and until I use them up (have 51 invites avail right now).

Please note… google closes down the invite system quite a bit during the beta to prevent an overload. Once I send an invite, when you respond… if you get a message stating it is closed… just keep trying intermittently. That is how I got in. It sounds like they open it up for so many people during the day or during the hour… so you never know.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Another facebook….it’s hard enough to keep up with one

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Dave, wanna be in my IDO circle?

It is pretty slick. And it feels more refined and less bloated than Facebook. Best of all, no Facebook Apps, so no more fricken game requests from people.

Facebook killer? That remains to be seen, but I wouldn’t cry if Facebook became the new Myspace.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Quote:

Dave, wanna be in my IDO circle?

Sure. I don’t have any circles yet… lol. haven’t had time to mess around with it.

On a side note… you can create circles and add people.. and those people will not know the NAME of the circles. People will not know what level of sharing/posting is available for them to view.

And yes… awesome none of that game crap is there.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Google+ or some other one will eventually replace FB. Like myspace, one gets old and people move on. Especially if it is cleaner (not all the apps that FB has). I for one would welcome the change.

luds12
    Farmington

Quote:

Google+ or some other one will eventually replace FB. Like myspace, one gets old and people move on. Especially if it is cleaner (not all the apps that FB has). I for one would welcome the change.

luds12
    Farmington

Quote:

Another facebook….it’s hard enough to keep up with one

X2

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Myspace’s issue was that it was too customizable and hackable. Most people’s pages looked like someone threw up skittles on it.

WARNING: BK is now on Google+. Hmm, what should I name the circle he will be the sole member of. Any suggestions?

kenvinlee89

Quote:

Thank you, this is good news for new visitors.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

I have sent out 3 invites to the community here. Still have invites left. Not sure how many… but will continue to send invites to those who request one.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quick question that I could Google in 10 seconds, but I know you IDOers will come through. Can 1 person be added to more than one circle? I am guessing yes.

hnd

google+ is a big sausagefest right now.

stcroixer
    Croix Valley

G+ is going to be hard to beat when they get done with the testing phase Just got done adding my music to the cloud too.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

forgot to add to last post… I sent the requested invites above.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Had a few more PMs… the IDO Google+ community getting strong!

I am off to County Fair for a short while. So.. if you want an invite… PM or reply and I will do so time permitting. But not as fast as you may like…

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Quote:

Quick question that I could Google in 10 seconds, but I know you IDOers will come through. Can 1 person be added to more than one circle? I am guessing yes.

Sorry sure you have the answer already but yes they can be in as many or few circles as you choose. BK’s circle. Blocked?

I’m rrsweet07@gmail Feel free to add me if anyone wants.
    I’ve been on G+ since day one. IT’s slick but the best part… Family isn’t on it yet.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’ve yet to figure out how to add people via email…

Nevermind. I found that when you start a new stream post and you type it into the place where you add people to share with, then it converts the email to the persons name/profile and you can then add them.

It seems silly that it doesn’t work pasting the email into the Find People box.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

what should I name the circle he will be the sole member of.

Briank+

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

what should I name the circle he will be the sole member of.

Briank+

You can’t put emoticons in circle names.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.