Minn. Gets $59M Tax-Reciprocity Payment From Wis.

• Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

Maybe now the Minnesota state government can open back up…at least long enough to cash the check?

Minn. Gets $59M Tax-Reciprocity Payment From Wis.
    Wis. Legislature Approved Payment As Part Of Budget

Updated: 9:25 pm CDT July 12, 2011
    Text Size
    AAA
    ST. PAUL, Minn. — Wisconsin has settled an old tax-reciprocity debt owed to Minnesota.

The Minnesota Department of Revenue said Tuesday that Minnesota has received a payment of $59.7 million from Wisconsin under the former reciprocity agreement between the two states.

Under the agreement, taxpayers who lived in one state but worked in the other could file a single income-tax return. The agreement called for the states to reimburse each other, but Wisconsin always ended up owing Minnesota because more Wisconsin residents used the arrangement.

The Wisconsin Legislature approved the payment as part of the state budget. Gov. Scott Walker plans a news conference Wednesday in Hudson to discuss the payment.

Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton thanked Walker for making the payment. Dayton said he believes residents of both states would benefit from a new agreement.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Its time we closed the border.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

@ Pug yeah and keep you Minnesotans out

Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

mplspug makes plan to close the border. gsanders laughs.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Quote:

I’d be careful about that Pug. As soon as you guys run out of Miller and Coors, I don’t think you will want to borders closed. Unless you are one of those guys that drinks Caribou Coffee.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

I’d be careful about that Pug. As soon as you guys run out of Miller and Coors, I don’t think you will want to borders closed. Unless you are one of those guys that drinks Caribou Coffee.

LOL Caribou coffee with Irish Cream. I dump the coffee and add ice and Irish Cream.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton thanked Walker for making the payment. Dayton said he believes residents of both states would benefit from a new agreement.

Most intelligent thing I’ve heard from this governor! Maybe he can now see to putting in the median protection cables between 494/694 and WI border. Only stretch of unprotected interstate anywhere near the Twin Cities.

ET

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Yea, because we are all trying to run over there to get your beer and use your waysides

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Yea, because we are all trying to run over there to get your beer and use your waysides

We must be doing something right to get your people to work here over the grand economy in Wisconsin.

Either that or ‘Sconis will do the low wage crap jobs that we don’t want to.

finman

Quote:

Quote:

And use your state parks!

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Quote:

Quote:

We must be doing something right to get your people to work here over the grand economy in Wisconsin.

And whos’ government is closed down???

Sounds like you could use a governor with a “set”

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Either that or ‘Sconis will do the low wage crap jobs that we don’t want to.

More like don’t know how to do

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Sounds like you could use a governor with a “set”

I won’t argue with reason.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.