Insurance ?

• ryan-hale
    NW Ia

I’ll try to explain this as easy as I can.Lets say you have to cancel your boat ins. through State Farm.Now you have already paid for the year and you have 2 months left from the cancel date of policy.So wouldn’t you think you would get a 2 month refund for this policy??? State Farm says no way because of this and that.To me it is a huge scam with this type of stuff in the everyday life of Joe Normal.The reason I had to cancel was because State Farm does not carry guide type ins.Lets here some thoughts on this guys.
    Ryan Hale

Bird
    River Falls, WI

I switch boat insurances quite a bit due to cheaper rates and have always been reimbursed for the remainder of the policy period. Never used State Farm, only Progressive, MSI, and Farmers. Used to switch vehicle insurance every so often and was always reimbursed,since then I bought a house and put everything under an umbrella homeowners policy. I would check around to see if they can do that. Good Luck

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

This same thing happened to me when I cancelled my car insurance through Prudential and went with Progressive. I was expecting that if I cancelled my policy I wouldn’t get charged for any more for that period of time between cancel date, and the date the policy would have expired. Boy was I wrong. I was told it is because Wisconsin is a certain type of state that allows insurance companies to charge you a penalty or something like that. THis only applies if you are in the middle of your policy dates. It sure seems like a scam to me, and no amount of complaining/crabbing (I wanted to use a stronger word) has helped. I know there are some people who know alot more about insurance than I do, but this sure doesn’t seem fair to me either. It cost me about $200 dollars just to switch. Of course Prudential wanted me to pay about $1600 per 6 months, and Progressive was only $700 for 6 months.

Good luck…..

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Ryan, we have State Farm and we have been happy with the service so far. In my opinion, you should definately be refunded a portion of your payment. If you paid for 6 months and have only used 4, you should have 2 months of payments coming to you. I don’t know what the law is on it but I do know right from wrong…

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Wade,that was my point to them,why try to scam me?Char and I have had ins. through them for 15 years now.We spent a ton of $ with State Farm,and when it comes to time to get a little back they want to to this.
    If I do not get a refund back I’ll be looking for a different ins. company.
    Ryan Hale

grampajimh
    Delmar, IA

I have noticed with State Farm and this is probably true with other companies it is 90% how well your agent takes care of his people. If you can, check with another State Farm Agent and see what he has to say. Maybe he will want your business more. If they still want to steal your $$$ I would check out other companies policies on this issue.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.