Mariner Boat Motors…

• gregstew
    Red Wing, MN

I know Mariner and Mercury are made by the same company, but are they the same motors? Are they like Chevy/GMC or is the Mariner a “Cheaper” made version of the Mercury?

dmark

Same motor, different paint & decals.

beave
    MPLS

I’ve had better luck with my Mariner than with my Merc – but there’s an 8 year difference in age, with the Mariner being a 96′ & the Merc an 88′

stuart
    Mn.

I had a 97 Mariner 70 that was junk from the day I got it new.Never again will I have a merc or mariner hanging off the back of a boat.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

I had a 97 Mariner 70 that was junk from the day I got it new.Never again will I have a merc or mariner hanging off the back of a boat.

Your loss, then

johnnyb
    Davenport, Ia

I have a 1990 115 Mariner hanging off the back of my boat that I bought new in 1991 never had a problem with it….

stuart
    Mn.

Quote:

Quote:

Your loss, then

Just stating my opinion Ryan.You could have said ” I love my Mariner” and said why,but no you had to go an make it personal.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Same as the Evinrude/Johnson thing. Same motors.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Stu, ease up and don’t take things so personal, dude. I meant no offense to you. Take a deep breath and relax. If I wanted over-reactions, I’d head back over to HSO

I don’t have a Mariner. Like mentioned, they’re the same as Mercs. I’ve got a ’93 Merc, and it’s been a pleasure for me. Not everything turned out by them was golden (like Yamaha), but post some specifics (year, model) and I am sure you’ll get some good info.

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

I’ve had a 30hsp and now have a 1997 60 hsp. Mariner and it runs like a top.

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

Mariner motors were actually better motors in my opinion then the merc’s. The two were not identicle in all aspects. During the time when the two motors were more common to see around I would have to say that the Mercury was still being worked on more in the shop.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.