WOW! No surfin for ME!!!!

• tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I thought you guys would appreciate when the PREDATOR becomes the PREY.
    What lb. test do you use for BIG ones like that?

carptracker
    Missouri

I’m pretty sure that’s a dolphin.

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

That’s what is known as a “surface lure” or “topwater bait”.

I recommend at least 150lb super braid coupled with a Calcutta reel and St.Croix rod. May also want to call the taxedermist!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hate to see what the taxedermist would charge for that fish.
    Thanks, Bill

TBeirl514
    Covington Indiana

Thats one hell of wake off a barge!!!Thats one hungry pool 4 walleye working the shallows.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

That would be a WHOLE NEW MEANING TO THE TERM, “Surface Bite”, holly smokes, Batman.
    Jack

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

just looking at the shadow, I am guessing that it is a tiger shark, and their main meal is surfers. they had an 18 foot one that took a 16″ by 9″ chunk out of a surfboard when i was stationed in hawaii. also a few tourists became a snack while they where swimming in the ocean. 1 male and 1 female.

shane

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

think Id be catching THAT wave… cya…

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

This one’s come up before…………if I remember right it’s been verified as a dolphin by that site that determines which of these e-pics is legit and which is hoax.

I’m gonna refer back to the mellanistic (black) deer post and say this looks like a cow with a dorsal taped on it’s back! ………………. couldn’t resist.

woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

don’t think that it is a dolphin, quite sure it is a salmon

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

It’s a warmouth. More information here.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I thought it was Green Sunfish.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

lol…

If i saw that, i would be walking on water…more like running.

Brian Lyons

Relax. I checked this out. I’ts more on-line trickery.

This photo has been identified as a digitaly enhanced image of the new flying minnow lure…..B

Jira

**WARNING SPOILER**

If you want to know the REAL story behind this image, click here.

Sorry for being a buzz kill!!

This on the other hand IS real.

(Notice the difference in the fin shape)

carptracker
    Missouri

Don’t know why people won’t believe me…. and I thought Missouri was the show-me state. I have seen lots of dolphins go by me like that while surf fishing. And, occasionally, I have had some close encounters with large sharks, although I have only seen them up close a few times. Most of the time, you don’t see them. I have had large fish taken off a stringer (leaving the head) that was attached to my waist several times – the fish hang off a float and the float is attached to about 30 feet of line before it gets to me. I used to swim shark baits out with a boogie board, dragging the bait behind me, with my wife or a buddy paying out line from the 9’0 or the 10’0 senator. I drop off the bait and swimm back. I was always afraid that a shark would take the bait while I was “trolling” it out there, but it never happened. I draw the line, though, at swimming the bait out at night. Tried that once, and it was too spooky. Once I was swimming the gut with medium heavy surf gear to get to a sandbar and casting out and then swimming back to the beach. I’d catch a small (3′) shark every time, and pretty quickly, sometimes before I even got out of the water. Finally, I got a bite while I was still swimming, so I free spooled the rod until I could stand up again, then I started to reel the fish in. When I got the fish about half-way through the gut I was swimming across, all heck broke loose. I had been reeling the fish in just fine, but then line started screaming off the spool. All I could do was hold on and watch the line disappear. Then, all of a sudden it was over. I started reeling in the fish like before. When I got the fish in, I could see what happened. A shark with a gape of about 10″ had picked up the smaller shark I was reeling in (while in the gut I had swam across), and swam off with it a ways, and then dropped it. The larger shark didn’t bite a chunk off; it just picked up the smaller one and swam. It was bleeding from all these little teeth marks in a big bite shape.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

We’re just giving you some guff carptracker.

I think I speak for all of us in saying that we really appreciate having an expert opinion, and not just spouting by armchair-types like me.

woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

I believe you. It is great having you on board and I look forward to reading your posts. Especially regarding the carp situation. Just fun to have fun though.
    WI DNR was handing out carp id cards at the expo in Onalaska yesterday. Will be a help this summer.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I believe you also Carptracker…I started this post
    I thought it was a cool picture…but even in my ignorance of saltwater fish the fin looked “pointy”.

Thanks for the clarification! Glad your on board

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.