Cheap Lawn Mower needed

• marmike

The mower died. Need a cheap used bagger/mulcher.
    The wife suggested a new one from the box stores. That cuts into my fishing money. I live in South metro and work in Golden Valley. I looked on Craig’s. Any suggestions?

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

what happend? if it just cut out or won’t start try cleaning the float bowl that is where the majority of the problems run with the push mowers if it is a push mower that is.

bassmaster
    SE, MN

I have a Yard Machine that is 8 years old and its had a hard life. It still starts on the first pull cut great and runs like a dream. Doesn’t burn any oil and still has original oil,plugs,and blade. Its been good to me and it was cheap.

marmike

Deck rusted,wheel broke off,motor seized…Sounds kinda like a good country song.

limabean

I have a older Toro Self propelled 3 speed mulcher/bagger, but does not have the bag. Runs like a top. I work in St Paul.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Deck rusted,wheel broke off,motor seized…Sounds kinda like a good country song.

That DOES sound like a country song!

My only advice, and I’m sure you dont want to hear this, is buy a top of the line model. They last 15-20 years if you mow only grass. I just retired my 18 year old Honda to the cabin and it still runs perfect. Good luck. Mowers are easy to find.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Get a goat…..After eating all that grass all summer you can have a goat roast party in October

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

New Prague, just replaced our craftsman and still have the old one, the self propel is out but you can have it for a case of Coors Light. Bagger and all

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.