Goodbye J-Dog

• smokinbobo
    Monticello / Guthrie, MN

This evening while getting set for the evening bite I got the call from home letting me know that my 14+ year old Labrador Retriever, SBO’s Spruce Meadow Jasper had passed away today.

He was a good dog and I have many fond memories of time with him in the field as well as around the house and at the retriever club, many of which I recounted on my way from Bemidji to Monticello this evening.

We had a great time duck and goose hunting in North Dakota, Pheasant hunting in western and southwestern Minnesota and a big thril Retriever Club trial years ago.

He also saw me through some tough times including a divorce and some job difficulties and was always there to listen even if he couldn’t talk back.

Tomorrow morning I will lay him to rest on my property near Guthrie Minnesota where he flushed his first north woods grouse on a snowy December day in 1997. I can still remember the look he gave me when I missed that bird.

Thank you for being part of my life Jasper. I miss you already…

SBO’s Spruce Meadow Jasper
    2/14/1997 – 6/6/2011

big_g
    Isle, MN

Sounds like you gave him a great life, sorry for your loss.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Rest in peace, Jasper

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

just remember he’ll be waiting for you at the Bridge with all the new pheasant territory already mapped out..

DrewH
    s/w WI.

RIP Jasper A new best buddy and time will fill that aching void you may be feeling. Good luck Sir.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Sorry to hear, always a sad time when you lose a friend.

Hopefully he went peacefully.
    [censored]

moler02
    Iowa, Knoxville

So sorry

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

My condolences. I am sure all our dogs that have gone before from the IDO family were there to greet him.

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

Rest in peace- Man’s best Friend.

John

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Sounds like you two had a good partnership going for the both of you. Just the way it’s suppose to be.

RIP Jasper.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

14 years is a good long life. Sounds like Jasper had a great owner. Never easy though…..my condolences.

-J.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

14yrs…WOW! I know you feel blessed to have a lab that long. Here’s to J-Dog on a good life …RR

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Quote:

R.I.P. Jasper.

My 12 YO is starting to get there and she will be my third when her time comes… God Speed to you and Jasper!!!

Mark

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

So sorry for your loss, I know how you feel I lost my GSP last month she was also 14, that is a good run for any dog but still tuff to take. Hang in there.

dan stien
    Waunakee, Wisconsin

Sorry to hear the bad news. It is hard losing a loyal friend like that, may the memories see you through the pain of the loss.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.