looking for some “cheap-o” jigs…

• Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

hey guys,

does any one know of a good place to buy a bunch of dirt cheap jigs? we’re looking for quantity here, NOT QUALITLY …..i was hopin to get em for around 10 cents a piece or less (am i dreaming??? )

i realize the 25+ centers are good for some situations, but i just have a hard time pitchin them things to a wingdam or up agianst the riprap where you no you’re gonna lose $10-15 worth in an afternoon

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Try the northland tackle 100 packs. They usually go on sale at fleetfarm for around $15. These will do for live bait but the hooks are a little small for pitching plastics.
    Jan’s netcraft might have bulk jigs. also look on ebay.

I know where you are coming from about looseing a paycheck or 2 on those wing dams. With some practice and the right twitch of the wrist you will start to get alot of those jigs back.

theearlybird
    Minnesota, Grand Rapids Area

Contact me with your size and color requirements. I can help you out with bulk jigs.

Pullinplugs

Jake
    Go to Daniels Hardware at the foot of Huff street, down by the river. I believe they have bulk jigs at 6 for a buck.

Rich

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

Cabelas has 25 for 3.99 up to 1/8 oz and a little more for the larger sizes.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

you could also make you own, owner hooks, barbarian hooks on a mushroom head, for any size you want. it is fun, and easy to learn. the satisfacion is catching nice fish on you own lures.
    also might check basspro and cabela’s on line for bulk packs.
    Jack.

gundez-71
    South Minnesota

JAKE, GO TO E-BAY AND LOOK FOR MISSBETTYSFISHINGLURES ABOUT AS CHEAP BULK JIGHEADS YOU ARE GOING TO FIND. IF YOU WANT TO SEE A GOOD LOOKING BUCKTAIL JIG GO TO SLEVAD BUCKTAIL JIGS. HOPES THIS HELPS.

GUNDEZ-71

Jira

I’ve always wanted to make this post — but I felt a little wierd because most of the guys here only use really top notch gear. I have the same issue and I’ll tell you why.

I spend 2 weeks on Laq Seul each summer and I lose anywhere from 200-300 jig heads per week. Mostly on rocks, some on biteoff’s, and a handful on my awesome knot trying skills . I know that may seem like a CRAZY number of jig heads (30-50 a day) but it’s true. if you’ve ever fished there, you understand.

Anyways, having done this for years and trying many jig heads from various companies I’ve settled on a couple things.

1. Buy jig heads at Wal-Mart when they are on sale. High quality finish, durable,and decent hooks (landed many 28″+).

2. Avoid Pro-Bass brand. While they are a good value, the hooks are soft and the paint is dull, the finish generally sucks and it flakes and shatters with every bump.

With that said, I am still in search of the ‘best’ bulk solution. There’s always gotta be a better value.

My 2 cents.

Jira

One more thing.. EBAY is great for those things as well if you can find them. Last year I bought a few hundred pre-tied Lindy’s from a retired guy in SoDak with various blades and beads and have been THRILLED with the quality and performance. If anyone is interested, drop me a line and I’ll pass you his info directly. He likes that too.. no ebay fee.

jwellsy

As far fishing riprap goes,
    I usualy tie on a three way swivel
    and use a real light line to a sinker 2-3′ down,
    then use the odd side of the swivel for a shorter
    leader to a bait/lure using my normal line.
    Basicly, I go in with the intentions of losing the sinker
    and not the lure. when I get a bite and set the hook
    the lighter line to the sinker breaks and I’ve got the fish.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.