crestliner fish hawk question??

• a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

last week i got a 2001 crestliner fishawk 1750 and while i was rigging it up i noticed there wasn’t an easy place to mount my gps puck 4 my lms unit in the back. wondering where people are mounting these pucks since the outside rail of the boat is metal and not wide enough?? i can run a cord from the unit to the front of the boat by my trolling motor if i have to but it’s pretty clustered up there. i have a troller,nav lite,and another finder up there. will these interfier with the puck in such a small space?? just looking for the best way to do this b4 drilling holes. thanks for any help guys!

fish30

That is where I put mine. By the front trolling motor, on the left side. That way there was room to climb aboard on the right front of the boat. I attached the puck to a piece of square plexiglass and then used stainless screws through the plexiglass into the wood.

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

I have a 2000 fish hawk and I have it mounted right in the dash behind the finder itself. Been there for years with no issues. There is actually a “RAM” mount you can put your finder on that has a place for the puck right behind the finder as well.

brian_j

I have the same boat, bought it used and the puck was mounted on the front – port side, no issues in the 2 years I’ve ran it.

doubleshot
    Brooklyn Park, MN

Quote:

just looking for the best way to do this b4 drilling holes. thanks for any help guys!

Why even drill holes?
    I don’t have a fishhawk…but, I just have my puck mounted on the dash with velcro!
    That way, no drilling needed!

little-t
    Plymouth WI

good thinking!

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

if u don’t drill a hole then u have visable wires and it looks tacky in my opinion. thanks for all the advice guys i’ll get her mounted up front, sounds like it’ll work out good.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I mounted the puck to an ‘L’ bracket I then mounted on the gunnel. That way you could put it anywhere, front or back.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.