Hastings so called “bait shop.”

• chappy
    Hastings, MN

I guess if you can sell bait, You can call yourselves a bait shop. Dad stopped in yesterday to get some minnows….$3.30 for a 1/2 scoop of Fatties….Got half way to Prescott and did’nt renew my license.Back to the landing….Go to the “Bait shop” and was told “we don’t sell licenses here”. Really???? That place could have SOOOOOO much going for it! Just another reason not to stop in there to buy anything!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Chapster, isn’t that the paintball store that happens to have minnows. If I recall they never did call themselves a bait shop.

Just a store that has some bait(?)

chappy
    Hastings, MN

They do have bait…..I think it might be their pets.

iceman35
    upstate New York

wait a second, you have a bait shop?? Here in NY with the laws now, a bait shop is a distant memory. For me to get bait to fish here by my house would be a 1.5 hour round trip… if its open. The price of bait is crazy too.

bigpike

I do believe the initial start up cost for a DNR licsense machine is pretty pricey. Also the commission per sale is very little.

stevenoak

I know thats the case in Illinois.We have a small town shop that will do one for you on-line but equip to sell a few lic. was prohibative.They get a buck and some change to sell a lic.and the machine is several hundred dollars.Small shops have some small mark up and volume.Some things take time.

mnwalleyeangler

Quote:

Chapster, isn’t that the paintball store that happens to have minnows. If I recall they never did call themselves a bait shop.

its more of a frisbee golf store than anything… well last time i was there it was 2 years ago!

John Peterson
    Woodbury, Minnesota

Quote:

I guess if you can sell bait, You can call yourselves a bait shop. Dad stopped in yesterday to get some minnows….$3.30 for a 1/2 scoop of Fatties….Got half way to Prescott and did’nt renew my license.Back to the landing….Go to the “Bait shop” and was told “we don’t sell licenses here”. Really???? That place could have SOOOOOO much going for it! Just another reason not to stop in there to buy anything!

Best place to buy your MN Fishing License?

Your home computer…you can pay, print and save a file copy in minutes via the DNR website.

sandmannd

Quote:

Quote:

Best place to buy your MN Fishing License?

Your home computer…you can pay, print and save a file copy in minutes via the DNR website.

+1

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

Hey I love that store, that’s where I get my bath salts and incense from.

gbfan10
    Hastings, mn

I skip that place and buy minnows at the gas station right in Prescott..
    They even let me scoop my own, but i attribute that to my stunning good looks.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Where is this place I would like to by some minnows from them. I think they deserve that after this slight over-reaction of a post.

Minnesotans, I tell ya….

chappy
    Hastings, MN

bUYING IT ON THE COMPUTER IS REALLY NICE AND EASY, BUT i HAD FORGOTTEN IT AND WAS ALREADY ON THE RIVER AND GOING HOME WAS NOT AN OPTION.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Where is this place I would like to by some minnows from them. I think they deserve that after this slight over-reaction of a post.

Minnesotans, I tell ya…. [/quote

Maybe a over reaction,but……You can have all over our buisness they will never get from any of the Chapman brothers!

big_g
    Isle, MN

All because they don’t sell fishing license ???? Now if the sign hanging out front said “Fishing License Store” I could see being slightly perterbed… but otherwise ??? I too call Over reaction…

PaulV
    Eagan, MN

Anybody have the name, phone #, address or hours for this place, or the one in Prescott? I’m planning on fishing pool 3 tomorrow, which I haven’t done for years, and I’m trying to figure out where to get bait and launch the boat.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

for bait best bet would get it before you get to the river or the BP in Prescott sells bait too, pool 3 can launch in prescott or hastings has the public ramp too.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Anybody have the name, phone #, address or hours for this place, or the one in Prescott? I’m planning on fishing pool 3 tomorrow, which I haven’t done for years, and I’m trying to figure out where to get bait and launch the boat.

Prescott BP 715-262-3000

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

It used to be called “Kilroy’s” or “Hastings Outdoors” depending on who you talked to and it used to be a pretty decent small town bait shop.

The previous owners sold it to some enterprising young stoners who realized that the big money was in skateboards and skateboard accessories, hackey sacks, and frisbee golf supplies. They kept the bait tanks and have a few minnows, but good luck getting anything else in there other than a contact high now.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

The building is empty now….

Roadside gas station would be a perfect place for bait. It would be almost no overhead for them, as they already have the building. And they have the room. Put in a half dozen bait tanks, crawlers, and a few of the necessities.

IMO it would be easy money and a no brainer.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

real estate taxes are the bugger.

PaulV
    Eagan, MN

Thanks for the replies. I decided to go buy my bait tonight. I’ll launch in Hastings. The only remaining issue is trying to find some fish.

brian_j

Quote:

They closed down awhile ago my buddy use to go their all the time and were never open

Not a big shocker they closed. When they were open the service was horrible. I don’t care if you’re hung over and smelling like booze but don’t act like you’re doing me a favor by taking my money.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.