A continuing issue?

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hey Hooks…just give us your login and password?!

nate-cadwell
    Rochester, Mn

well some people just need to give up. I feel the laws they have now are good enough I really wish those were the laws us Minnesotans had to follow

nate-cadwell
    Rochester, Mn

OK what the heck I just received a pm from BrianK asking me how I got into the articles and I do not know they just appeared up when I clicked on the link but now that he asked I tried again and I got nothing except for them asking for a login and password.
    what kind of sick curse do you cat guys have on us

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

First it’s posts about golf…then it’s voodoo

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Last update: March 15, 2004 at 7:41 AM
    Wisconsin won’t crack down on fishing tourneys
    Associated Press

March 15, 2004

MADISON, Wis. — Call it the bill that got away – again.

State Rep. DuWayne Johnsrud’s proposal to increase state regulation of fishing tournaments made it through the Assembly for a third consecutive legislative session.

But the Senate, for a third time, never even brought it to a vote.

Johnsrud, a Republican, said tournaments need tougher rules because they can deplete fish populations and crowd lakes, rivers, boat landings and parking areas, making it difficult for others to enjoy the waters.

His bill would have expanded the authority of the state Department of Natural Resources to keep the tournaments in check. Johnsrud said his bill fell victim to feelings among Republican senators that the powers of the department should be cut.

The current permit system for fishing tournaments applies only to organized events with $500 or more in prizes and more than 20 boats or 40 participants.

Unless it’s resurrected during an extraordinary session of the Senate, Johnsrud’s plan to regulate fishing tournaments is dead until at least January, when the next legislative session begins.

“I never give up,” Johnsrud said.

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

It’s a deal where if you try to access three articles a day you need to register as a member. I wonder how many times i’m registered from various computers?LOL

One of those spam sending deals.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Also in LaCrosse paper. Link

Also found below, is this the same or different bill?

Quote:

Madison, WI – A Madison legislator wants to give the DNR authority to just say no to fishing tournaments. “The DNR cannot deny a tournament promoter a permit, even if there is more than one tournament on the same water on the same day or weekend,” said Rep. DuWayne Johnsrud (R-Eastman).

Johnsrud said he will introduce legislation to change the current tournament situation. Johnsrud’s bill, if passed, would require the DNR to rewrite its tournament fishing rules to better protect fishery resources and reduce pressure on public access facilities. Johnrud said he wants the DNR to put together a committee with tournament people, regular sportsmen and Conservation Congress members to draft new rules. The bill would prevent tournaments from having regulations, such as bag limits, that are more liberal than the rules that apply to other anglers

Link

Status and text of the bill can be found here.

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

This issue isn’t going to go away. We face it here too in ND.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.