How many fishermen/fisherwomen like to golf ? “Poll”

• NOEL CANTU
    NE IOWA

What a “Great Idea”… It kinda levels the playing field – having fun on the surf and turf… SET IT UP AND THEY WILL COME…

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

ec:

I knew that it could possibly come to this. Do we want to do it earlier in the year or later. Do we want to coordinate and set it up in the La Crosse area, Twin Cities or even Minocqua? I love to attend events like these and that makes it an early (April) or late affair (October). I guess by the questions I am asking, sounds like I’m agreeable. Here’s a pic from the tee box at the same third hole.

Mark

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Looks like that pond may hold a Largemouth…Can we bring a Baitcaster along w/our drivers?

big dad
    Rochester, Minnesota

Now, let’s see. I know – I will sponsor a prize. Points to be awarded for #1 – Fish caught (one point each fish – any species) #2 – Golf score (one point for every par, two points for every hole under par) #3 – Adult beverages (one point for each consumed) But then, sounds dangerous – some highly intoxicated fisherman fishing balls (with a net) out of a pond – not such a good idea. Any other ideas?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

by the looks of the golf coarse i want to golf that coarse….But if it were to be a golf and fish tourney maybe the coarse just south of Red Wing would be a good pick…Mississippi National i believe it’s called…

what are your guys’s thoughts ?

Brian Lyons

How about Traer Golf and Country club You don’t have to sneak in to fish and I won’t have to drive

Just kidding of course, our ponds aren’t big enough for pro staff boats I have however,travelled the course by boat during a wet year

Have it where you will and I will play

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

if ya don’t mind this young guy kickin all your old butts right off the bluff ……I’M IN

Brian Lyons

How about an IDA trapshoot?

Anyone else fish,golf and trapshoot? Or am I the only perpetually poor guy here

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Now you’re talking! With or without handicap…don’t matter to me…I’m in!

Maybe we could have it at the golf course the same time as the IDA golf turney. Hmmm, I’ve shot white clays before…..

pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

The first time I remember ever golfing was when I was a freshman in high school. I went out for the golf team. The first day of practice, I shot 113… On the first three holes! By the time I had my first match, I shot a 110 for 9 holes. I still can’t figure out why I never lettered. My coach would get so angry with me, because I would show up for practice or a match wearing my hunting boots.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

My coach would get so angry with me, because I would show up for practice or a match wearing my hunting boots.

and thats all ?

Brian Lyons

Jake
    I don’t mind having my butt kicked..but calling us old is just uncalled for
    Now about that TFC for 2004.
    If you take back the old comment maybe we can line you up on a trip with BFD of sand flat guide service. If he can’t get you a fish….and if you survive at all, well you just as well stay with golf …….B

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Quote:

How about an IDA trapshoot?
    Anyone else fish,golf and trapshoot? Or am I the only perpetually poor guy here

might as well make it fish, golf, trapshoot, and billards, that way everyone has a chance on winning. If we do this, let me know, a day away from wife and kid(s) would be right up my alley!!!! might need a few of the adult beverages just to take the edge off, or get rid of the stress so i can relax.

count me in

shane

herb
    6ft under

Fish, golf, and trapshoot.
    Does that mean we can sit in our boats and shoot at the little white balls flying by?
    Fore-playing through-pull!!!!

woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

Cedar Valley has an excellent little trout stream running through it. My fold up rod fits in my golf bag just perfect and it is often a good idea to let faster player play through anyway. In the ponds, I just advise that I am trying to get my golf ball back.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I love golf!

However, I’m not wasting good Saturday mornings to be on the green, when I can be on the BLUE! Fishing over rules. Then trap shooting comes in 2nd place.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

did someone say “alley”……..well sure….i guess we could throw a little late night extreem bowling in too

and in my defnese, that TFC # is for the new 2004 license year……so techniqually, i’ve only had 15 days……and 5 of those days i was out of state……and 5 of those days i was workin my butt off for mid-terms……and the other 5, oh yeah, I WAS FISHIN…….i just didn’t catch nothin ……but this is to be expected

Oh Yeah……and from now on, i’ll try to remember not to call you old guys “old guys” anymore……as i’ve always been told to respect my elders

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Jake…………..your 2004 fish total is at least a dozen my boy! You classed the field at the Blue Fleck invitational……………or has your A.D.D. turned into Short Term Memory Loss?

Now………. about using my sister for your new avatar pic……….ummm………….we were trying to keep her a family secret so uhhhh……………if you could put it back in your wallet we’d ……………uhhhh…………pay ya.

Thanks bud! I’ll tell Louie and Rocko to take the night off.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

ec:

More than likely I would not be able to get a large group on my course (private) unless it were late in the season or early in the season. Fishing is not a problem up here though, its probably a long trip for all of those river rats down there to come and fish a lake!!! LOL!!! Another place we could consider is Trempeauleau as they have a very respectable new golf course. Then we go and do some curling afterwards, not this kind though !!! Not far from the river, a trap shooting range north of Holmen, we can find a pool table down at the Trempeauleau Hotel. jake I ‘m not bowling though I bet there are lanes in Holmen also!!!

I guess we need a consensus if people want to travel up here. Good fishing May, September, October!!! We can golf at those times at a very good course. I can line up pool, trapshooting, and bowling, but I bet jake can’t get this far away from school. Let me know!!!

Mark

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Might be a lttle warm to curl. Where you thinkin’? Centerville?
    That’s my neck of the woods. Graduated from Gale-Ettrick- Tremplo in ’78.
    I’ve got a good friend who works for W.P.O. who, I believe, owns Mississippi National. I may be able to get a rate.
    Tremplo is good too only not during Catfish Days.

skippy783
    Dysart, IA

Big B-
    I noticed you complaining about being called old. You do realize there’s a reason they call you that. CAUSE YOU AND BFD ARE BOTH OLD!!
    I’d have to agree with the Traer club for the tourney, cause it is a championship course or something like that

Brian Lyons

Hello David

[quoteI’d have to agree with the Traer club for the tourney, cause it is a championship course or something like that

Well it is something like that
    As far as Bfd and I being old goes…he is old, much older than I as you well know If this tourney comes together I am putting in my request for you as my partner. A bighitter can’t hurt ….B

pbitschura

Guess what? I haven’t voted yet but your poll says I have . My vote doesn’t count? Is this not a democracy? I’m hurt!!!

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

sorry kid……i didn’t realize your sister was still shackled up in your attic ……i thought you said something about letting her out after the little “BrainK” incident

and i did a little clarifying for those of you who don’t quite understand the whole “TFC” concept …….i do realize it has been 16 fishless days now……but that thing should be climbing high in the next few days (hopefully)

huskiesplayer15
    Andover, MN, USA

500 years ago if a man was seen beating the ground with a stick they would burn him for witchcraft, now i guess they just call it golf.
    Best fishes

herb
    6ft under

50000 years ago they would have eaten him. My how we have evolved.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Dustin, Who said anything about short grass? Never been golfing with me have ya? I’ll teach ya some swear words that’ll burn your ears!!!

Joel Schultz
    Winthrop ,Iowa Wabasha, Mn.

I think its a great sport! something you can do all your life. Just like fishing.Its good for personal relations with clients and sponsers.You guys fishing tournaments should do a little more.I had alot of sponsers in the past make there decision on the golf course.It trains your brain to think about what club to use it certain situations.Windy , Wet, distance! You catch my drift? You have to do the same thing when trying to put fish in the boat.

skippy783
    Dysart, IA

Alright Big B….if they put this thing together we’ll go on up there and claim 1st place…cause it only seems right. I have to warn ya though….my shoulders are a little weak so I can’t be carrying you the whole match

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

SteveO , see what you can come up with for October sometime at Missisippi National

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.