Over the Mark

• jeff_huberty
    Inactive

$100.00 to fill the truck up this moring $4.11 Gal, for diesel.

This really puts the curb on travaling this summer.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I thought the price of crude came down a few bucks?

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Ouch! I thought it was bad putting $50 in our Accord. I’m not looking forward to filling the truck. Thankfully, it’s been parked a lot more now that the FW is working from home.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

$100 Try filling a ford F-150 Crew Cab with a 6.5 foot box. 35 Gal tank. Thank god it is a flex fuel truck E-85 is $2.69

brad0383
    Farmington, MN

Quote:

$100 Try filling a ford F-150 Crew Cab with a 6.5 foot box. 35 Gal tank. Thank god it is a flex fuel truck E-85 is $2.69

But you have to fill it up 25% more often.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

$4.199 here 23.81 gallons = $99.98 Tried like heck to keep it under $100.00 this time That’s up almost $15. per tank over what I was spending a couple weeks ago. Just think how many IDO hoodies could have been bought…

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

I thought the price of crude came down a few bucks?

Gas in the La Crosse area when down 5-6 cents yesterday. Not sure on Diesel though.

FDR

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

I drive a lot for work. I’m in sales putting on 25,000 miles a year when all is said and done. This will affect a lot of things. Can we please get serious. We need to rely on gas for the forseeable future. It would be great if we could use hydrogen or other alternative fuels, but to make those alternatives affordable for the average person is years down the road. Let’s get the jobs back in the gulf and open up some of the wells again. Let’s explore and find safe reserves and let the world know that we could get our own oil if need be. Just wait until the summer blend kicks in!

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

I has gotten outragous, in all reality I have canceled my plans for a big skeeter this fall and am shopping for a 17ft jon boat with a tiller jet motor to navigate the world class waters next to home here. I fancy my self as a walleye dude and never expected my main prey to change do to a gas bill!!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

I has gotten outragous, in all reality I have canceled my plans for a big skeeter this fall and am shopping for a 17ft jon boat with a tiller jet motor to navigate the world class waters next to home here. I fancy my self as a walleye dude and never expected my main prey to change do to a gas bill!!

I feel your pain! This all has a negative impact on the economy. Yes, there are those that can/will pay the price. But I am sure many are in the same situation as myself. I’m self employed and have had a few consecutive slow months. Added in that I do a lot of driving for site surveys, meetings, and proposal presentations I burning through 6 to 8 tanks a month. That’s now about $100. / month less to spend on everything that I love to do. No different than today. I’m caught up on work and wanted to fish lake MI this morning. Bottom line was I couldn’t justify dropping a tank of gas in the truck to pull my boat down for 4-5 hours of fishing.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Shop at Rainbow and only pay $3.20 or so.

Also, anyone want to by a 1985 15′ Lund w/ a 25hp Honda 4 stroke? I get about 16-20 hours/6 gallons. I am thinking $10k should be a reasonable price with gas so high. Hell, I will even throw in an anchor, just in case trolling gets too expensive.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

my truck has been driven a total of 3 times in the past 11 weeks.

i am getting sick of the accord costing 50+ to fill though.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

At $4 a gallon it will cost almost $200.00 to fill both the F-150 and the boat. Looks like it going to be more short trips and more time on the trolling motor this summer. This is not going to help with economic recovery – Thats for sure.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

You know things are bad when you have to put off buying a new skeeter and settle for a brand new mod v with a brand new motor…

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I’m just glad they upped the CC limit from $75 to $100 at the Amoco I normally stop at. Hope that is the case everywhere.

-J.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hooray!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

It is also nice to know the rest of us are chipping in for your gas money too.

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

An even $98 to fill mine last night and it’s going to get worst before it gets better. P4 may only come once or twice for me this summer. 6 1/2 hours one way

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Only way the pumps stops at $100 for me is if I stop it.

It holds between 35 & 38 gallons I guess (have never ran it out) and at $4.19 a gallon ………..well I’ll let you do the math.

I try not to think about my straight truck. That has a 80 gallon tank but we only fill that once or twice a month generally.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Went grocery shopping yesterday and the store had a pumps perks program. What the program is when you buy groceries that are included in the program you get a few cents per product put on your card to put towards a gallon of gas up to 15 gallons. I did not know about the program until I hit the register isle. I enrolled and got 11 cents a gallon off my next gas purchase at a participating Holliday store. You can bank it up in a months time. Its not much but every bit helps.
    Google Pump Perks to see if there something in your area available.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Cub Foods stores with gas stations do a similar thing.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Just another method of squeezing “ma & pa” operations out of business.

I’ll pay more and try and help a fellow neighbor then support that type of program.

mfreeman451

If you do the math, when e85 is around .60 cents cheaper or more I think, it is well worth it to use that over 87..

Quote:

Quote:

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

If you do the math, when e85 is around .60 cents cheaper or more I think, it is well worth it to use that over 87..

Quote:

Quote:

How much is the gov’t still subsidizing the E-85? last I saw, I think it was .45/gal plus a .54 tariff on imported fuel. So9 either way, WE are paying the price.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Cub Foods stores with gas stations do a similar thing.

Cub will let you use up to 10 gas coupons at a time. However they don’t take them. So I use the cub coupons at the cub station and then give them to Nicole and she’ll gas up at Kwik Trip where they accept up to .10/gallon off of coupons. So you can double dip. Plus we put it on the CC that get’s 5% reward on gas and grocery purchases.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.