Looking at trolling boards.

• 2jranch
    Arcadia, WI

I’v been looking at getting some trolling boards and ran across these “Sidewinder” boards. Has anyone had any experience with them and if so any pro or cons. I have little experience with them and need the help, so recomendations are invited. Thanks guys.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Looked them up online. Liked the glow stick idea. From the picture I could not see the front ling holder. The rear holder looks hokey to me.

Personally, I would go with either the Offshore or Church walleye board. Both are tried and true boards used by fisherman from Mille Lacs to the Great Lakes.

-Mark

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Quote:

Looked them up online. Liked the glow stick idea. From the picture I could not see the front ling holder. The rear holder looks hokey to me.

Personally, I would go with either the Offshore or Church walleye board. Both are tried and true boards used by fisherman from Mille Lacs to the Great Lakes.

-Mark

X2. What he said!

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

X3 what was already said. I don’t see the sidewinder performing very well in big waves, but my biggest concern is the appear very difficult to see, both for the person running them, and any other boats around. I’ve had enough times where people run over my off shore boards with the flags on them. I think that issue would be worse with the sidewinders.

wilson1984

Quote:

-Mark

X2

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Quote:

-Mark

And while I run the small Church board or the old Willies, I would be very interested in the tattle flag option on the Off Shores. Drill your own holes for glow stick or put reflective tape on the flag…

Mark

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.