Washington County, WI, area lakes

• PlayNHooky
    Sussex WI

Ive been fishing a small lake in washington county and doing pretty well almost everytime out….been getting good numbers of decent gills crappies and perch.Last time out i caught gills over 9 inches and perch over 10…you catch alot of smaller fish but just have to pick your way threw em.All fish being caught on gill pills with waxies and gulp waxies.

jwall

nice fish, gotta love those gillpills

bigpike

My old neck of the woods, glad to see you are doing good and welcome to IDO….

E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

nice pile

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

My kind of fish. Where is Washington County?

bigpike

Northwest of Milwaukee county, basically the burbs…

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

ahhh. Thanks.

PlayNHooky
    Sussex WI

You could also say its to the west of germantown/menomonee falls area if that helps at all.

PlayNHooky
    Sussex WI

Back at it again today…..but today was less than stellar…it was a tough bite….marked alot of fish but making them bite was a whole other ballgame.
    Water clarity seemed to be maybe the problem it was looking a little brownish but i did manage 14 keepers….i went with just about every jig in my box trying to find a hot one but it didnt matter today they all worked about the same.
    The cool thing on the day was i was jiggin and looking down the hole and i had a mid-30 inch pike come swimming right into the hole musta been chasing the perch i was reeling up huh!!!! I’ll be back somewhere tomorrow!

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

nice pile

I’ll take “Things a Proctologist Says” for $1000 Alex.

andy-johnson
    Milwaukee, WI

Nice fish, I also do some fishing in that area, mostly Big Cedar Lake.

PlayNHooky
    Sussex WI

I will be out again tomorrow morning hopefully the bite will still be going good.

PlayNHooky
    Sussex WI

Back out again today and it was again a tough one….marking tons of fish but had a tough time getting them to bite…water was a murky still.
    Starting to find some bigger gills in the 5-10 fow now so really have to search for them now….did most of the catching in the 15-19 fow.Once again gills,crappies,and perch…all fish coming on jig and waxies again.Only 12 keepers today.Be back somewhere tomorrow.

PlayNHooky
    Sussex WI

Back out again today with a buddy… and what a difference a day makes we were getting into good fish as soon as we got on the water….we left with our limits of gills and crappies and threw back a ton of fish..we fished in 15 fow with the gills being in the 7-12 fow range and the crappies being in the 4-7 fow range.
    Be back out tomorrow for sure.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.