SMALLIES!!!!!!!

• stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Hey guys! It’s about time someone besides Don Hanson gets some pics up here in the WI forum! So, leave it to SuperFluke to have his digital camera in the boat so we could do exactly that!

Cold and windy, water temp at 56 degrees, is how our day began. Spinnerbaits in choppy waters and Senkos in calm waters (when you could find it!). It was a fair day of results on Long Lake but the quality was good, as long as you were after bass, that is. You’ll see why I say that soon enough.

Before I get started, let me just say that I need to team up with Rivereyes and get some digital tips as my photography skills didn’t do SuperFluke or his fish justice.

Without further ado……………..some pics!!!!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Another one!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Took me a bit but finally decided to get in on the action!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Mike with another dandy!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Another catch for the Pup!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Superior Skills Displayed Once More!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

One for all you Walleye Lovers! Actually, if this technique will get you an 8″ fish, how big should we be using for 30″ fish???

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

This last one is a new personal best for SuperFluke! Notice he’s not holding the fish forward and it’s STILL a brute! Anyway, 7lbs, 23″ long, this is a smallie that many of us only dream to catch. Way to go buddy!!!

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Great fish and photo’s guy’s. I’ll have to get out soon. I think my next trip is after sturgeon though but with some luck maybe I’ll get one of those brutes. Again nice fish and pics. Steve

Don Hanson

Those are some dandies Kid! Check out the Menomin forum for some pics from Monday. I do not think they are as big, but it was some great action on a not so nice of a day.

SuperFluke
    Chippewa Falls, WI

kid, the simple trick with the pictures is to ALWAYS make sure the sun is behind the camera (so the subject is looking into the sun) even on a dark day like we had it makes a big difference.

markG

Wow, Nice fish you guys!

Ditto SuperFluke on the sun behind the camera and another option is to try using the flash. Really lights the fish up pretty good on cloudy days and low light conditions.

mark

SuperFluke
    Chippewa Falls, WI

here is a 20 1/2 ” smallmouth from this sunday caught on a tube. As a side note for anyone who is wondering, pretty much all of the lakes in NW WI turned over during the cold weather last week.

SuperFluke
    Chippewa Falls, WI

and this week’s edition of “crazy things I’ve caught on a spinnerbait” is… a rainbow trout. Its no pumpkinseed, but unusual nonetheless

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

Nice fish Mike. To bad we couldn’t find any of those on Saturday. Thanks again for taking me out.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

A trout? Granted…………a pumkinseed’s gonna take some work for you to duplicate………….but I might be a little harder pressed to pull this one off! Quit re-writing my book!

Nice to hear you got a real fisherman out with you! Spend less time shakin’ down trees??? I’ll have to practice up in the off season so you won’t “beach the rookie”.

Anyway, thanks for the turnover update. Anything to do with that trout catch? And as always, thanks for giving us some pics to put up on the board!

What lake did you and Glenn hit?

SuperFluke
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Actually Glenn and I were on pool 5 on the river saturday, we caught a bunch of smallies but they were SMALLies only 1 quality fish

Quote:

Nice to hear you got a real fisherman out with you! Spend less time shakin’ down trees??? I’ll have to practice up in the off season so you won’t “beach the rookie”.

we definitely spent less time shakin down trees

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Well……….maybe the river will have to be the “hassle-free zone”. I haven’t met any rebel trees that reach out and snatch my lures along the river……….personally……….that is! My buddy Brian has though!

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Hey I was wondering if someone could help me out a little? I am going to fish up on wissota this weekend and I was wondering how the turnover will affect the fishing? I have spent most of my time fishing river systems and wonder what kinds of patterns I should look for there. If anyone reading is willing to share any info about this it would really help me out. I would like to see some success this weekend. It has beenb a long couple of weeks without any fishing.

Thanks Bassman

SuperFluke
    Chippewa Falls, WI

bassman-
    don’t concern yourself with the effects of turnover on Wissota there are plenty of fish to be had without going to 25+ ft of water. I was out this afternoon/tonight and all the decent fish came off of wood. Nothing off of docks and only small fish off of rocks(which is kind of the norm)
    as a side note check out the colors on the trees

SuperFluke
    Chippewa Falls, WI

another shot of the scenery

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Pretty cool fishing Oct. in a short sleeve T-shirt!!! Gotta love those colors too! Were you on a wind break or was it pretty calm for you?

SuperFluke
    Chippewa Falls, WI

A few more from this weekend…

SuperFluke
    Chippewa Falls, WI

one from sunday

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Spotted a Silver Tahoe in the Long landing again Saturday. I meant to make it down but family time ran long and I had other obligations back in the home town. Was that you or another imposter? What was the productive presentation this weekend? Plastics or were you still “spinning” for trout?

SuperFluke
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Spotted a Silver Tahoe in the Long landing again Saturday. I meant to make it down but family time ran long and I had other obligations back in the home town. Was that you or another imposter?

I was on long saturday, but my tahoe is dark grey so I think you spotted an imposter. Did you notice all the trailers in the lot I think it was completely full by afternoon. A lot of the people were out chasin’ muskies.

Quote:

What was the productive presentation this weekend? Plastics or were you still “spinning” for trout?

a little from column A and a little from column B… The fish in the shallow wood went best for the spinnerbaits burned then stopped next to a log. Fish in the deeper wood and cribs seemed to be more interested in slow dragging plastics. Pattern was pretty similar sunday on another lake

As a side FYI the lake has cleared up nicely since the turnover its probably about 6-7 ft visibilty after being less than 3 all summer. Water temps still 52-54 which is basically unchanged for the last 3 weeks

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Kinda that “Charcoal” color eh? Well, for the amount of time I had to really look over the lot, it still might’ve been you I spotted. It was about the same spot you parked last time……….I may have just missed the color perception.

I’m looking to be up that way again this weekend. I hear there’s a T-zone, bonus tag, deer huntin’ thing going on and I can’t see doing that all day so I’ll probably venture down and burn a few across the wood. Could be out there Sat. or Sun. or both……….who knows? Anyway, if you see a white tri-hull with a 20hp Johnny on it, stop over show the pics!

Any luck from the muskie guys? I did notice the lot looked very full as I drove past. WAAAAY more than when I was last by there.

Using nickel or painted blades???

HEY! Maybe some night trolling is in order too? Hmmmm………. Anyway, if you’re gonna be in the area, I’ll look for ya!

coot
    North Central Wisconsin

Hey guys, nice fish! Is the dock still in at the landing? Thinking of heading up there in the morning.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.