Help around the Dells

• brentr

Was heading to Wisc Dells next week and am looking for some info on where a guy and his brother should try. Really dont want to hit the water park and would like to catch some walleye or specks. Will travel aways if we have to. Please HELP I dont look good in shorts!!
    Must be able to lauch a 620 ranger.
    Thanks
    Brent R

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

lake wisconsin to the south is always a good choice. check out the bait shops in sauk city for info. you never know what you might catch. it gets a ton of recreational traffic in the summer.thats where i would start.good luck

cj_2
    Wisconsin

For a closer drive, check out upper dells. There is a boatlanding on river road on the east side of the river in town. There is also a launch on the west side of the river up a mile or two (River Bay Campground-public launch though). I know for sure you can put your boat in here. it gets busy on the weekends but during the week is quite peaceful. Riverbay is at the wide part of the river(kinda like a lake). Down from river bay is the classic sandstone bluffs that make the dells-The dells. Up from there gets hairy with the sandbars. However, if you brave the sand and find some timber, there are walleyes to be had….and plenty of Smallmouth! You should be able to get about 4 miles north of River Bay if you can read the river. Even with all time low water levels, we have been able to get bassboats up there quite easily.

rvrhntr
    Holmen WI / New Berlin WI / Pelican Lake WI

I would head up to the Castlerock or the Pettenwell flowages they are good producers. I personaly fish the Pettenwell more it seems to have a good eye population and some good musky action also.
    They are not much of a drive and have lots of water to fish.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Petenwell gets my vote also. I have had more luck in the upper half. FDR

brentr

Thanks guys ill give them a try do you know if they catch anything along the rock wall at castle rock this time of year i know ive seen shows with Gillespee(sp) there?

rvrhntr
    Holmen WI / New Berlin WI / Pelican Lake WI

The rock wall is not a bad place to start. But I have had better luck fishing the sand flats by the river chanel. Bait rigs will catch you all kinds of different fish with good action

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.