Need a guide for Big Yellow Lake

• Great White
    Vinton, Iowa

My family and my wife’s family will be coming back to Ike Walton Lodge on Big Yellow next month. This is our third year there. Fishing was terrible the first year and a bit better last year. Looking for a guide to get me on some fish this year to make our vacation better. If you know of any let me know! All I want is something tugging on the line to keep the kids and grandparents happy–gills are fine!

–Whitey

SLACK
    HASTINGS, MN

whitey,
    i don’t know of any guides on yellow but i have a trailer at one of the resorts on yellow and if you could tell me when you’ll be there we can maybe hook up and i can point you in the right direction to catch some fish (provided i’ll be up there when you are) let me know

Great White
    Vinton, Iowa

Thanks, I need all the help I can get. We will be there July 21-28th.

–Whitey

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I was just there on Sunday. No fish to talk about. We were pulling musky baits and tried for eyes at dark no takers. I did talk to a few people who got some eyes trolling 15 feet down in open water. I am unaware of any guides that run this lake.

Great White
    Vinton, Iowa

Thanks for the report–anybody getting panfish?

–Whitey

Whiskerkev
    Madison

It looked like a bunch of people fishing on the north west side seemed to be happy and in one big bunch on the emerging weeds. I was marking fish everywhere about 15 feet down but no takers on my baits. I was shocked I didn’t get hit at least once. We did get to the chip for a day first time for me on the chip. What a beautiful lake. Looks fishy everywhere. I think if I were you I would try to fish some of the smaller lakes around there if its panfish you want. I have tried there for panfish in the past as my cabin is only 15 miles away without much luck. Did pop a few through the ice couple years back but nothing fast and furious. I did see a couple of fibbers roast their clutch when they burried their truck in the sand on lake 26 launch which is really shallow. I would have pulled them out had they waited 10 minutes to get my truck. Impatience leads to repair bills. I bet they got socked pretty good to get that fixed.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

If you’ve got a boat small enough to get under the bridge at Yellow Lodge, get into the yellow river, find the slack waters, and get some panfish. There’s often been good fishing on the lakes (Big and Little Yellow) but I still find more consistancy and fun getting into the river outlet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.