next muskie record, in Yellow

• Anonymous

I have heard that the next record muskie will come out of the lake or river. What have you heard. I wouldnt be surprised

Anonymous

I think it’s anybodys guess really! There’s some really good waters that little to no publicity where monsters grow, and then there’s all the “shocking stories” told from DNR guys and researchers. Big McKenzie, Upper, Lower, or Middle Eau Claire, Wissota, Chippewa Flowage, ……………..the list is a long one really! I know from personal witness that Yellow’s got some REALLY big ones in there but a record? Possible. Probable? Well, that’s where I retreat to anyone’s guess! I’ve heard it said that WI will produce the next record. Some believe it’ll be MN or Canada. Canada’s probably carrying a few dozen record breakers but with the mass amounts of water, cover, food, and low fishing pressure in a large percentage of it all……………….I’d bet there’s some real book makers up there that no one will ever know ever existed.

I really enjoy the Yellow lakes and river so I’d be thrilled to have it happen there, even if it was someone else! At least then you’d know “it can happen”!

My favorite thing about Big Yellow is when it’s really hot and the muskies go on a tear! All over the lake you hear splashes like giant boulders being dropped into the water! It’s even more fun to watch but scares the bejeebees out of you when they do it 10-15′ away from your boat!

bkman
    Wisconsin

Someone told me that it’s sturgeon that come up and do all the splashing. I figured it was muskies myself but
    the guy that told me is a local so I figured that he knows better than I. I haven’t had the chance to try Yellow yet
    for muskies but I hope to next year. If there was one spot only that you could fish, what part of the lake would
    you try?

Anonymous

Seems people really favor the large Wisconsin stained lakes for producing the next world record. I think the chance of that is fairly slim. When was the last time you even heard of a 40# fish come out of any of these lakes?? Georgian bay, Eagle lake or one of the big Minnesota lakes (Vermillion, Leech, MilleLacs) have alot more potential to produce the next record than any of our Wisconsin lakes. Musky fishing is so good right now so enjoy it no matter where you fish!!
    Chris Beeksma
    Get Bit Guide Service

YoZuri

I have to agree with Chris. I think the next record will come out of Leech or Mille Lacs. Something to do with the strain of fish they are growing over there. I heard they transplanted some Leech fish over to ‘Tonka and those fish are getting huge! somebody caught a huge one throught the ice last year. Bass fisherman are starting to get mad about all the muskie over there.

Anonymous

I mean, what do I know personally? Little! I’ve only read and heard rumors of 70-73″ specimans with no guessing the weight. I do feel it’s possible, but skeptical on the probability as well.

As for one part of the lake, from the Yellow Lodge, head straight toward the marshes and you’ll come into a huge feeding flat. It’s a popular area but one of the better producing. As for the sturgeon, yeah………they splash too but the day I was up, 10-15′ from my boat? I didn’t hear the splash and look later, I saw the fish and then the crash. Ummmm………….no mistake guys, she was a muskie after something and looked to be a minimum of 25#! Some of the other activity may have been those sturgeon, but not the one in full view! I’ve had pike do that up there too! Just dangle a lure 6 inches off the surface…………….they’ll go airborn snatching it up!

Anonymous

I’ve seen pike chaseing after dragon flies. It sure looks kind of funny a big fish like that after a bug and I might not have believed it if I hadn’t seen it. Maybe it’s something to keep them from being bored or it’s like a challenge, anyway it’s a neat thing to see. Steve

Anonymous

Yeah, Yo-Zuri. This summer on ‘Tonka I was bassin’ on the edge of one of the big bays and saw something floating. Went over and checked it out – a 47+ inch muskie floating dead. Probably got hit by one of the speed boaters, but that’s just my guess.

YoZuri

that’s a pretty sad story. you know how long it takes a fish to get that big? a real shame

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.