A good day!

• Anonymous

There’s a little lake that I don’t even know the name of SE of Sand Lake in Rusk County. My dad showed it to me once and now I go there from time to time. Not but 20 acres big and full of gills, crappies, and LM bass. The shoreline is nothing but hardwood forest and steep banks, except the SW bay………….swamp. Anyway, had an errand to run up to the cabin for and thought I’d catch some time on this little lake with my inflatable SeaHawk. I thought rain was in the forecast but it never showed up so I fished all day, morning for pannies and afternoon/evening for bass. By noon I was bored of catching blue gills and I couldn’t find any active crappies. I anchored and took a short nap. When I awoke, I ate a little lunch and started pursuing the bass. Took me a while to find them but once I figured out they were INSIDE the weed clumps, it got fun. Managed a dozen LM’s after that, with the biggest being 15″, which is big for this water. The bass and gills are overpopulated and stunted for the most part so finding the “keepers” (I released everything though) takes some patience in weeding out the littler ones. What a way to spend the day! BTW, the water is high up there as well but surprisingly clear.

Anonymous

sounds like a fun day on the water!!!! If you ever need a partner let me know. I have a great bass lake near New Richmond I like to fish we could hook up some Sat morning and try our luck for a few hours.

Anonymous

Red Rock, any chance this Saturday morning is open…………on such a short notice? Send me a private message…………….thanks!

Pax
    Woodville, WI

You’ve got me guessing Red Rock. There are a lot of decent bass lakes near New Richmond but would this one particularly small?

Anonymous

sorry I didnt get back to you Kid. I was gone from Thursday night until Sunday. I just checked in here tonight. I was in PDC fishing the BFL. What a Blast!! I will heading out to Bass Lake fishing the slop this Sat. around 5 am. I have an open seat. Let me know.

Anonymous

Can’t do ‘er this weekend………gotta business trip to Ohio and leaving Wednesday night, returning Sunday evening. Do you chase muskies at all? Anyone? Sounds like a trip to Lake Minnetonka should be in order if anyone’s interested in setting something up. Red Rock? Pax? SteveO? Leinieman? …………. I GOTSTA GET AFTER SOME BIG ‘UNS!!!!

Anonymous

Im all for it Kid. Let me know when your back in town. I usally do Sat. mornings or Sunday morns early.

YoZuri

This is the ol’ SteveO. Kid, I got some awesome pictures to show you from Hayward last month.
    Going to be chasin’ the skies all over Hayward this weekend.
    St Croix the next.
    October is looking pretty open though.
    anybody wanna go? let me know.

Anonymous

I’m back in town and whatever you boys would like to set up, I’m open for discussion. RR, this Saturday morning could be a possibilty. Send me a pm on your thoughts. Otherwise, I’ll most likely go hunting. I’ve got an 11 yr. old to start “training” but I can split the weekend for that. LMK.

SteveO………..let’s lock in an October outing. In fact, sounds like if you’ve got any evening time we could get some action down toward the Kinni. LMK.

YoZuri

ouch!
    that cold fron that moved through on 9/20 sure shut things down up in Hayward. 12 hours on the 21st netted 2 small largemouth, 6″ walleye and a rock bass. My buddy caught a 32″ muskie on a jig and a twister tail the night before. slow, slow, slow.
    Kid , let’s try to find out where they’ve been poppin’ the ‘skies on the ‘Croix. I’m fishin’ this weekend with a buddy and his son. going to see if the sauger are goin’ down by Prescott. we’ll probably fish up to the Kinni. Beanies tourney is this weekend so there will be a few boats out I’m sure. If we get a decent evening let’s go. maybe Wednesday? Sounds like the weather is going to be sort of lousy. I put a couple of Scotty’s rod holders on. we can try some long lining.

Anonymous

Kid,
    Sorry I didnt get back to you. I was off on Friday and wasnt near a comp. I went out both Sat and Sun mornings to Bass Lake. The bass were pooping early in the lily pads. Used a scum frog and caught 14 on Sat. 11 on Sun missed a heck of a lot more on both days but thats all part of top water fishing. I swithced to jigging the deep edges when the sun popped out and had good luck on both days. the bigger fish came off the deep edges both days. I didnt have any luck pithcing at docks which surpised me. All in a great weekend. I will be fishing next weekend near Cedar. I will be up at the cabin. I plan on being on the lake around 6 am. Any takers? let me know before Thursday.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.