Where to hunt muskies in early May??

• mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

I’m pretty much a dog days of summer and October musky guy. Where would you go with the son to catch some early season musky???

wgeister
    Dundee, IL

Lawrence: I don’t know about Minnesota, but the musky season is closed in Wisconsin and Canada until June.

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

Quote:

Lawrence: I don’t know about Minnesota, but the musky season is closed in Wisconsin and Canada until June.

In south east Wisconsin the season opens May 6th.
    Lawrence Ecklor – Pewaukee or Okauchee Lakes have been improving over the last few years with muskies coming in at the 40 to 50+ range. Pewaukee Lake right now has more muskies per acre then most of the better known lakes up north.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Lake Waubesa holds muskie. It’s by Madison WI. Early season down there also. Pewaukee is always a good choice.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Wingra on the Madison Chain is a regular early-season producer. Easy to fish, too, since the whole thing is basically one weedbed! Cast and cast and cast and then troll. FYI, as I recall there is a motor restriction in place on the lake.

John

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

Thanks any other suggestions would be great… Yes I am aware of the the Hwy 10 north and south season differences… I was also informed by a Wi River bait shop that muskie are legal year round on the Wisconsin River???? Thanks we will probably try them all and keeps those suggestions coming.

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

I’ve caught more muskies accidentally in Monona rather that Waubesa. I say accidentally because I don’t know who in their right mind would fish for those big, ugly slimer anyway .

Just letting you know…

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

thanks d-nort I think

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

Well, I’ll be on Pewaukee Lake May 7th to start the fishing season off

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.