Cumberland area

• gary_wellman
    South Metro

What are some of the better lakes close to the Cumberland area?

A buddy of mine just bought some hunting property 5 miles west of Cumberland, and there is a lake very close by. The Minnesota DNR has a “Lake Finder” website, which will show you bodies of water, quality/quantity of fish, bottom stuctures of different lakes. Does the Wis DNR have the same thing???

Is there much for muskie lakes in the Cumberland area???

charlieb
    Nashua Iowa

Gary…try Lake-link.com It seems to have some good info on lakes in Wisconsin. It’s a good site for info on lakes, but some of the people ruin it for others. Not the case here though

bigpike

Cumberland is just west if Rice Lake (the town) Rice lake-the Lake has good muskie fishing in it, if you call the DNR field office in Eau Claire you can talk to a warden and he will be able to direct you to the best lakes for muskie fishing in the cumberland area, you are only about an hour from the Haward area and that is pretty much muskie capitol for Wisconsin…..heres a few #, Warden North of I-94 715-232-1269, Fisheries Management 715-839-1631. Good luck.

fishingscout
    Saint Paul

Shell Lake is and outstanding Muskie lake. It also has lots of Walleye and Smallmouth.

Shell Lake is 16 miles north of Cumberland on Hwy 63.

buschman
    Pool 2

Hey Gary,
    We have a place about 45 min north on the monong flowage. There are some nice ones in there and its olny been getting better. But I know there are more lakes that produce better fish size wise. My best on the flowage is 44 inches so far
    but seen a few last year that were easly bigger.
    BTW Still planning a trip to english river this year???
    I used to be under jrod. Were going back up the weekend of the 11th in June (is the plan so far)

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Hey Joe!

Nope, not going to make it to the English river this year. I have a little one on the way that is coming in early August. I’m not even going to make it to LOTW this year!!!! Well, next year I guess. That is all good, I’m excited for the little one to come!!!

Guys, thanks for the info!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.