9-14 to 9-17

• pistolpete

wow…I think I’m still wind burnt…we stayed at Bowens for a few days and have always done really well this time of year..cuz of the wind we stayed in Cutfoot the whole time and it was pretty slow…we caught a lot of 11-12″ walleyes but only a few apeice each day around 14-16″…didn’t see hardly any nets out at all anywhere…we made over to the north shore and around stoney on saturday morning when the wind went down a little…trolled shads at 5-8 fow and still only caught the small ones…maybe 10 boats out there and never saw the nets come out once…all I been haering is bigger fish and we only got one over 20″ jiggin…all in all it’s always fun but wish we could have been more on the big lake and more decent sized fish…any other reports out there?

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Thanks for the report. Any crappies showing up in Cutfoot yet?

shadrap23
    Ramsey, MN

Pistol,
    sounds like the story of my life…for once however we had decent luck the weekend prior. We did well all along the north end from Pigeon to Stoney. We had over 30 fish in four hours, the biggest was 25.5″ We ended up with a nice collection of box fish between 15″ & 17″. Headed that way Tomorrow eve to fish the weekend. Sounds as though it might be a little wet There were about 25 boats in the area, so we left the group and found more fish. If your headed there over the weekend, give me a hollar on the marine band channel 19

pistolpete

WISH i would’ve been there the weekend before if that’s what was happening…unfortunately this is the only weekend we get to winni every year so i can’t go this weekend…on the crappies i saw some guys getting a lot of them right at the bowens docks…one after another but not that big…good luck the rest of the year!!!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.