Winnie reports?

• kingcabelas
    Hudson, WI

I was just wondering how the fishing is going up at Lake Winnie. I will be coming up with my dad and brother for our annual Winnie camping and fishing trip. We’ll be up this Wed thru Sunday so if anyone has any reports on how the fishing is I would greatly appreciate it, thanks. Good fishing to all!

futPWTure77
    Zumbrota, MN

My boat did fairly decent this weekend. We had our best luck jigging with shiners on the mid-like humps and breaks. This actually was our best year ever as far as quality of fish, with numbers of them in the 20-23 inch range, with 3 over 24. The majority of our fish were in the slot, which is definetely showing that the size of the fish in Winnie is increasing! Good luck on your trip.

Tony

jbongers
    South St. Paul, MN

I fished Winnie Sunday and we had pretty good. We started the morning out fishing off of Tamarack Point, we only wound up catching 1 eye there. Then we went across to Stoney Point and caught a bunch of nice fish. We didn’t catch anything under 15″ and our biggest was about 25″. We had our best luck on Live bait rigs with a shiner in 10-12 fow.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

All I can say is……….. Leeches!!!!! Lindy rigging in 17 to 22 FOW off the edges of the bars. Fishing turned Awesome right before the storm and right after it yesterday!

kingcabelas
    Hudson, WI

Thanks for all the input guys, sounds like the fishing is good up there as it normally is when we take our trip. Hopefully it stays that way. I’ll try and remember to report back how it went and what was working. Thanks again.
    -KingCabelas

Pig-hunter
    Southern Minnesota

I can report about the same. Fairly slow on the north shore, but the humps and bars just out from there are loaded with fish. Well, they were on Saturday anyway. Ended up with quite a few fishing the edges with rigs and leeches, but jigs and shiners caught some too. Best part is, hardly any boats at all were fishing these spots when we were there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.