Any reports?………..heading up thursday……..

• wiswalleyenut
    Central WI.

Just wondering if anyone had any word on how the bite is going. Hear they had a bunch of rain, and wonder how the fish have reacted. Six or seven of us are headed up on thursday with two boats. Anyone who will be up there, and wants to exchange info. while there to find the hot bite shoot me a p.m. Don’t have a Marine Band, but will have my cell along. We will be staying at High Banks until sunday. I will be in a brown/tan smoker craft walk thru. with 75 Merc. and Wis. Reg. if anyone just wants to say hey. Can’t wait to get up there to catch some walters and suck some suds

Bernie a.k.a. wiswalleyenut

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Jigs and shiner…jigs and shiners…it don’t matter what you use as long as it’s jigs and shiners….

Well, that’s what it was until the weather last Tuesday. I would work the north shore starting out with a jig and shiner.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

O’contrare there mister Brian K! wE USED cRAWLERS AND lEECHES FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE FISH WE CAUGHT UNDER EXTREAMLY CHANGING CONDITIONS!Anywhere from 20-30 MPH winds on Friday to Dead calm Sat. Sunday and Monday. We caught the majority of our fish on Sugar bar on anywhere from 18-24′. Pulling crawlers on Lindy rigs. We ended up catching some on Sunday afternoon way up at stoney on Lindys and shiners. Biggest fish we had was a 24″ caught on Horseshoe using leech and the biggest I heard from anyone in the resort was from Tonywalleyekid’s group was a 28″er off Sugar. The fish are moving out to the bars so don’t be afraid to venture out there. E-mail me if you need more info.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Chappy..you always have to be differant!

If Stickboy says Jigs and Shiners….

wiswalleyenut
    Central WI.

Thanks for the word guys. We will probably start in the shallower water with the old jig and shiner on the wind swept shores. If no luck then will move to the humps and deeper water working the lindy’s as suggested. We may even try pulling some cranks in deeper water for awhile as I just got two new trolling rods and line counters. Another words run and gun baby We get back Sunday, and I will post results then or Monday. Hopefully the news is good

wiswalleyenut

DasBoot3
    St Peter MN

I’ll be on Winnie 6/3 thru 6/10 at Joe Thompsons Four Seasons resort on the West side. Hope to post on our stunning sucess soon
    I’ll be in a Red CL Sportfish 1850 with a white Evinrude 175 hanging off the back. Swing by if you see me bobbing.
    DB3

clintm
    mazeppa mn

I just got back from Winne today fishing was slow they bit very light and short best place on wed. was the third river and east of stony point. jigs and leeches worked best but shiners worked too.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Chappy…notice he didn’t say lindy’s…. but shiners…

chappy
    Hastings, MN

True, But there ain’t much more fun than feeling that tug on the line! I love to Lindy Rig!!! He also said they were biting short, Is there too much weight??? As in don’t use a jig, they’ll feel it? That’s were the lindy rig shines!!!! Sweet Daddy!!! We noticed alot of our bites would just pick it up and feel dead weight. Easy to tell if it’s a fish when there’s no Rock to snag up on!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Troutfisher, Next time they’re biting short, Try using a half a crawler.

clintm
    mazeppa mn

i’ll do that thanks

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Jez Chappy…you sound like you know what your talking about! I’ll have to correct Stickboy….

Ps I would rather lindy than jig too…My feelings are the only REAL good jiggers are the folk that drink alot and need anoter…soon….

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

Just cant beat jig and a minnow early in the year and fall. Buckshot and I can prove that even with a beer in one hand we still got you lindy riggers beat . (JIG AND A SHINNER)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.