The Opener

• Bill Marty
    Bloomington,MN

What’s going on here! The opener is in 5 days and no one is talking. I am going to try Winnie for the first time the Thurs after opener and I think I will try the northeast corner. I have to lead a group of 5 so I have to produce. Any tips would sure be appreciated. We used to fish Leech in years past and want to try something different.

sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Its the quiet before the storm. Well it is good to be back and ready to start fishing. So with that being said, here is the latest report from Winni.

Water temps are above normal, on Saturday they were pushing 50 degrees with some areas warmer, and some cooler. Water levels are about 3 inches below normal, which is much higher then we have seen over the last couple of years on opener.
    The male silver shiners are running right now. Ever bait shop in the area should have plenty of bait. Look for those typical early season areas to be outstanding this openeing weekend. I Will find the East shore of Tamarack bay early and then as the boat traffic continues to build I will start searching either the Northshore or the Tamarack point area.

So where does everone else plan on starting? It should be a great opener, the forcast looks great at this point. Sunshine and walleyes jumping in the boat, now that is going to be hard to beat.

See ya out there!

dockrat

Tough to beat Highbanks. Always good in the spring.

tomhowell
    Hibbing, MN

I have a little spot in Cutfoot that usually produces, and I see very little company. A little later in the morning I’ll hit Winnie, probably the dishs for starters, and then just run and gun after that.

Tom Howell

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.