THE WINNIE PEAPOLE

• mpfish
    Rochester, MN

what is going on up there, has everyone have finger cramps give us southeners some reports.
    mpfish

sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Winnie remains consistently good. We are still finding walleyes on the shoreline, and those mid-lake humps and bars are showing activity daily. The Northshore, from the rock pile to stoney point is a good bet as of late. Most of the fish that we are finding on the shoreline are holding in the 5-8 foot of water. Ravens, Mallard Point along with Musky Bay are all holding good numbers as well. Jigs and Minnows continue to produce the best numbers. Some anglers are pulling rigs along the shorelines with leeches and crawlers and they have had some success.
    Play the wind for the shoreline bite, over the last week or so the wind has continued to blow upward of 30 MPH making for challenging outings, but those fish are extremely active of the wind sweep and blown shorelines. WE did have the first part of the mayfly hatch on Saturday, hopefully it will not affect the Winnie walleyes much, but normally it does.
    Over the last few days I have been on Pokegama and will give a report tonight on whats happening out there. The big fish are coming out to play. I stuck the first 10 lber of the year yesterday on Pokegama. Unfortunelty I deleted my pics somehow, but I am going to see if I can still get a picture from the memory card, If I do find the picture I will post it.

tomhowell
    Hibbing, MN

Theres been a few tournaments going on, thus the tight lips. The shallow bite is still very good, and if you want to try for big fish, the deep stuff is holding some awesome fish. Monday we had three fish over 26″s. Sure wish we could have found one of them Saturday during the WWT.

Anyway, if you come up, be sure to bring minnows for the shallow bite, and leechs and crawlers for the deep bite. Good Luck!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’ve done the same thing Sean, accidentally deleted some prime photos from memory, but I was unable to refind them. Hopefully you have better luck in that regards and a big congrats on that summer 10 Lber!

Quote:

I stuck the first 10 lber of the year yesterday on Pokegama. Unfortunelty I deleted my pics somehow, but I am going to see if I can still get a picture from the memory card, If I do find the picture I will post it.

sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Makes a guy sick knowing that the pic may be or very likely is gone. Oh well. If anyone has insite on this picture recovery, please let me know, I tried to change the format and when I hit OK, poof, every pic that was on there was gone. Are they gone or can one get them off of the memory card that is in the camera?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Your best bet would be to search the folder on the card where the pictures were being stored and see if there’s any files remaining. I use a usb cable hookup and browse with explorer on my sony… others require a card reader and some software. That’s the method that seems most likely to me. We’ll keep our fingers crossed for you.

sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Thanks James, I’m hopeful she’s still there. From my knowledge I did not delete the pics, I just changed the format.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’m thinking they might be there as well from what you’ve described. My guess is you switched from .jpg to .tif or maybe even .mpeg and then the camera would only display files of the new format type selected.

If you find them >>>

If not >>>

sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

How would I change them back to what I orginally had? The part that makes me wonder if the pics are still there is when I go to view the pics on the camera, it shows that I do not have pics to view….yikes…i had pics to view.

Better yet here is what was on the camera when this occured.

a set of choices came up:
    Erase
    Format
    ALL Frames
    Frame,
    YOu highlight the choice (Format) then hit the OK or Back button, I Highlighted the Format Button, and hit OK, an hour glass came on the window and everything turned blue, that’s where I left it.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I don’t know your camera, but if I were to select those optinos on mine, I would lose all pics on that SD card. It’s formating the card, not the pictures. A quick call to the manufacture may be in order, at least for a fish that size. I hope it works out.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Oh no.

You formatted your memory. In this case, re-formatted it. Those pics are gone I’m sorry to say. That format function is to be used when you first get memory for your camera that may not already be formatted for use in your particular camera. I REALLY wish I had better news for you but from what you’ve described to me I’m pretty sure this is what has happened and there will be no way to retrieve those photos.

I really do feel for you. I lost some river hogs last fall in a similar way.

sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Oh for a lack of the right words, that sucks…but I was sure they were gone last night, but I thought someone might have the insider on getting them back….NOW i will never touch this button again!!! Sorry but that Fish will just have to be one of memory. thanks for the help even if it is bad news at least I and hopefully others will learn from this mistake….technology is great unless you push the wrong button…

wallygator
    cohasset mn.

hey sean do you have a memoiry card in there or just the camera memory ?? if you have a card in there bring it over i have a reader and we can look to see if they are there !! maybe give you some photo lessons he he !

sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

There is a card in it. I will give ya a call.

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Congrats on the 10 Lber Sean & good luck w/ retrieving the photo. I hope to see it posted. Later.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Congrats on the nice fish, but bummer on the pic buddy!
    Those fish do not come everyday!
    Can’t say I have ever had that problem with my sony Cyber shot card, but everything else unfortunately (mostly user learning curve errors).

Good luck and thanks for the update! If this guy ever gets time to get away from my usual haunts, I would love to spend a couple days up there with ya!!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Sean, This just means there is a bigger prize for you just around the corner…

Jira

Sean —

I hope you haven’t taken a bunch more pictures on the same card… and sorry I didn’t see this post until today.

There are several programs you can use for free or purchase cheaply to recover erased and damaged files from memory cards.

Before you do anything try Smart Recovery 4.44. You can download it free here: http://www.softwarepatch.com/software/smartrecovery.html

If that doesn’t work, try one of the best, PhotoRescue. http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/ The program runs $29.

Drop me a PM if ya need help.

Goodluck!

JJ

sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Jack,
    I have moved on and have taken a pile of pics since that incident. Thank you for the response, it may come in handy for someone in the future. This was a learning experience in my book. The big fish now is just a memory.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Jack, I wished I would have known that too….About 6 months ago I had some pictures that were once in a life time…tried to change the formatting from jpeg to tiff….reformated the card..I couldn’t believe I did that. Come to think of it…I still can’t…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.